Good Morning

Introduce yourself to your fellow brewers here.
BoozyAndy
Sober

Good Morning

Post by BoozyAndy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:32 am

Hey Brewers, a first post to say hello.

I'm a long time craft beer and real ale drinker, but a relatively new brewer. I'm about 6 months in (and 5 kit brews) to brewing and getting into it a little more each brew. I've been registered a few weeks just doing the reading but thought I'd say hello now.

Kit wise I've done 2 of the Tiny Rebel Cwtch (their brewery is just down the road from me), a couple of Wilko kits and I have a lovebrewing Chinook IPA in the fermenter and their Irish Milk Stout in a keg (my first keg trial). I have the lovebrewing imperial stout kit still here that I fancy doing a few additional things with, but will mention that in the boards.

I think I'd like to really nail the kit beers and do the apprenticeship as it were and if I'm still doing well look atco even of the more involved processes.

I like to drink most things other than wheat beer and am slowly dropping off lagers. Stout/Porters and Hoppy Ales are in, as they seem to be with most people nowadays!

Not sure it counts but I've brewed kombucha and fermented kimchi for years.

Glad to be here, it seems a great friendly forum with loads of great info.

Jim
Site Admin

Re: Good Morning

Post by Jim » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:57 am

Welcome Andy, nice to have you here. :)

Sounds like you're well on the way in your brewing. I've heard of kimchi, but kombucha is a new one on me.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Philip K. Dick

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter
JBK Newsletter Archive!

BoozyAndy
Sober

Post by BoozyAndy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:47 pm

Thanks for the welcome Jim.

Kombucha is a tea made from fermenting a yeast/bacteria disk or 'scoby in a sweat tea (I like a green/black tea combo). It's meant to be good for the gut biome but it's pretty tasty most of the time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombucha

It's also ugly enough to gross out most visitors and make the wife heave, but I swear it makes me feel better and lifts the mood

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:50 pm

welcome along, Sounds as if you have already served your apprenticeship with your fermented drinks n stews, I had to google Kimchi ;)

ps for future reference, 'craft' is a 4 letter word in disguise its a marketing term and not a brewing term ;) Well done tho for hitting the #1 contentious issue bang on the head with your 1st post..;) bodes well for interesting posts in the future ;)
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(

BoozyAndy
Sober

Post by BoozyAndy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:38 pm

Ha! Thanks Fil, noted on my vulgar language. Beginners error.

Return to “Guestbook”