New

Introduce yourself to your fellow brewers here.
parling
Sober

New

Post by parling » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:26 pm

Hi Just wanted to say hi,

I've decided after loving beer and organising beer festivals that I would like to brew my own. I know I want to try all grain but I want to or have to do it on a budget first. Any tips Ill take them while I go through the website and hunt build and brew guides.

Cheers

chefgage
Piss Artist

Re: New

Post by chefgage » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:32 pm

I think for a budget type setup, you are looking at a coolbox for a mash tun. There are a few tea boiler/burko things that can be used as a hot liquer tank that can be had for a reasonable price. Then there is just your boiler. If your after smaller volumes this can be done on the cooker top. So a big cooking pot is needed.

mozza
Under the Table

Post by mozza » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:46 am

Two vessel if you're on a budget. As I only brew up to a maximum of 35L I use a two vessel system quite happily it just involves a bit of lifting
Cheers and gone,

Mozza

chefgage
Piss Artist

Post by chefgage » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:00 am

Before I bought a grainfather i used to do brew in a bag. That just used one 50l stainless pot. Everything was done in just that one pot. That would keep the costs down.

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:41 am

Welcome parling. :)

If you want an overview of grain brewing on a 2 or 3 vessel system have a look here first http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk/grain_equipment.htm .
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Philip K. Dick

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter
JBK Newsletter Archive!

parling
Sober

Post by parling » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:22 pm

Cheers for the help.

I've been looking at 2 30l HDPE containers one for mash tun with a tap and bazooka screen, and installing the same in the boiler container with 2 kettle elements. Hopefully I can get a good result with this then. I only want to brew upto 25l due to limited space. From what I've gathered I can use the Boiler as the boiler and HLT

Return to “Guestbook”