Greetings from Birtley!

Introduce yourself to your fellow brewers here.
StevieRum
Sober

Greetings from Birtley!

Post by StevieRum » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:12 pm

I just thought I’d say hi to all & introduce myself as I’ve lurked in the background since joining a couple of weeks back, reading up and trying to digest so much as you all know!
I’ve had some really good advice from Norm at Anfield Plain, and is like to thank him for all his help. I used to brew just kits about 30 year ago just for cheap ale as a youngun, but I now want to create something a bit more refined. I’ve done a couple of wine kits, a beer kit which I’ve got in a corney I bought online (going to try this weekend) and tried a friends air still.
I decided to look for a deal on either a BM or a GF and found one of our members Stuart selling his GF for £350 so “bargain” .... (running out of spaceTBC...)

StevieRum
Sober

Re: Greetings from Birtley!

Post by StevieRum » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:22 pm

... I decided to take my dads estate car rather than my van to Leeds to collect it as it would cost a lot in diesel for the big van. It only took me an hour and 10 and Stuart was very helpful explaining what each component did .
All I had to do now was top up the car for the ride home.
Found a BP a mile out and proceeded to stick £40 unleaded IN MY DADS DIESEL CAR!!!!
I know what you’re thinking and I’ve thought it before when I’ve seen them vans in petrol stations pumping out the tank of an embarrassed looking fella! So my bargain ended up costing me;
£40 wasted unleaded
£120 fuel removal who told me to max fill the tank
£97 diesel
If you add the £112 I paid for the upgraded (happy Father’s Day) WiFi module then I’d have saved money buying a brand new one retail!
Yes I did feel like a TW*T but what the hell its something to laugh about when I’m downing a few of my new beers with the lads 😂

SouthfolkBrewing
Sober

Post by SouthfolkBrewing » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:10 am

All that matters now is you have a GF :)

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:13 am

Oh dear Stevie! :shock:

That's a bit of a rough start to your GF brewing, but just one of those things. If you've been to Norms he'll have given you a good grounding in how to go on, so hopefully your first brew will go smoothly. :)

Anyway, welcome to JBK!
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Philip K. Dick

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter
JBK Newsletter Archive!