Wayermann pale malt

Confused about acid malt? You won't be after you post your malt-related questions here!
sbond10
Even further under the Table
Location: Warrington England usually drunk or being mithered by my 2yr old or wife

Wayermann pale malt

Post by sbond10 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:18 pm

Any one used this before is it good? Will it help hit the numbers ok ? And is around 1.30 kg a good price

Fuggled Mind
Hollow Legs

Re: Wayermann pale malt

Post by Fuggled Mind » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:59 pm

Hi

Living in Switzerland, Weyermann malts are the only malts for brewing. There's little else (thankfully Weyermann have a very extensive range). A few homebrew shops over here now carry Marris Otter but it's really expensive but now that I've tried both, I can say that the Weyermann pale is very good and I'm more than happy with the results compared to Marris Otter and yes it hits the numbers just fine. I use it everything from golden ales to porters and stouts.

Can't help you much on the price though.

Cheers

Jason
Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
W. C. Fields

Aleman
It's definitely Lock In Time

Post by Aleman » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Weyermann are my goto malts for continental beers, although I tend not to use the Pale malt, if I want a continental Pale malt it has to be Dingemanns, which I tend to use when making Belgians.

As for price I by it by the sack so no idea what the Kilo price is like :whistle: Malt Miller would be my first choice to compare prices though

sbond10
Even further under the Table
Location: Warrington England usually drunk or being mithered by my 2yr old or wife

Post by sbond10 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:49 pm

Malt miller doesn't sell the weyermann pale. I'm looking at get er brewed you should have a look the offerr smaller amounts of the speciality malts.
Looks like weyermann s it is then

Dunk
Steady Drinker

Post by Dunk » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:30 am

Hi,

another brewer from Switzerland - who'd a though it! - I also use exclusively weyermann malts. Their pale ale malt is my go-to for most english style beers and I like it, it converts just fine. I tried their marris otter (nearly twice the price) for a brew recently and it turned out fine but it was also a new recipe so i can't draw any comparisons taste wise.

I can't really comment on the price as it's a different market over here, sorry.

Fuggled Mind - whereabouts are you in the country? Where do you shop - Brauundrauchshop?