USA members need some help please :D

Confused about acid malt? You won't be after you post your malt-related questions here!
f00b4r
Site Admin

USA members need some help please :D

Post by f00b4r » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:23 pm

My wife is off this Fri-Mon to NYC on a paid jolly and has offered to bring me back some honey malt for me (there is one shop in the UK that purports to sell it but on investigation it appears the owner believes that melanoidin and honey malt are the same thing).
I want to order 4kg to her hotel (most if not all uncrushed so I can use at my leisure), any of our American cousins here recommend a place that might not have issues sending malt to a hotel but charging a UK card (I will actually use my Travelex Supercard to get the best exchange rate)?
And yes she is a keeper :=P :mrgreen:

f00b4r
Site Admin

Re: USA members need some help please :D

Post by f00b4r » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:45 pm

Well 'More Beer' seem to have reasonable expedited shipping rates so have emailed them to see if they have issues with it but if there are any decent Manhattan suppliers it might be a better option.

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:18 pm

More Beer came back so quickly and had no issues with it that I placed an order for 10lb unmilled with them. I was really impressed with their customer service, just need to figure out what else I need from the US next time :P

bobsbeer

Post by bobsbeer » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:58 pm

Now you have to hope that your OH doesn't go on a shopping spree and use up her baggage allowance. :D

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:40 pm

No hope of that, she is buying another suitcase whilst over there! The only thing saving that malt space is the current terrible exchange rate

hazelbrew

Post by hazelbrew » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:58 pm

Are there any liquid yeasts that you can't get over here? That would be a very small addition

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:52 pm

hazelbrew wrote:Are there any liquid yeasts that you can't get over here? That would be a very small addition
I have seen people mentioning Brew UK being willing to add specific orders for yeast to their bulk orders with the main suppliers so probably not worth it but I am thinking ahead for the next time Image