Anyone used CF102 Hops?

If you have a hop related question about International Bittering Units or alpha acid, post it here!
Wyvern

Anyone used CF102 Hops?

Post by Wyvern » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:50 pm

Hi,

As a wildcard purchase I have 100g of these coming tomorrow, has anyone used them before? and to what effect?

I thought they might go nicely in a light blonde ale. Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Wyvern

jimp2003

Re: Anyone used CF102 Hops?

Post by jimp2003 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:45 pm

I have not used this particular hop but I would say that from the description a blonde ale or pale ale would be good for them.

I have used a few of these CF hops and have not found any of them to be so memorable that I would rush back to them but I would be interested to hear how you get on with the 102s.

On a side note I dropped in to see Rob at Maltmiller the other day and he has some Early Keyworth hops that are not listed on his site yet and they are described as being very citrusy and sound very promising....

dreadskin69

Post by dreadskin69 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:00 am

were did u get them and were are they from/ whats the story behind them?

jimp2003

Post by jimp2003 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:40 pm

dreadskin69 wrote:were did u get them and were are they from/ whats the story behind them?

Maltmiller has them here http://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/index.ph ... t&catId=33 and I think there are a few other that sell them. If I remember right they were developed by Farams who have a programme to explore new UK hop varieties.