Dry hop bag weight

If you have a hop related question about International Bittering Units or alpha acid, post it here!
6470zzy
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Re: Dry hop bag weight

Post by 6470zzy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:26 pm

gibbiem wrote:Another question. How do you clean your hop bag? Last time I emptied the hops out and stuck it in the wash resulting in bits of hops all over the washing along with the smell of hops and an angry missus ha ha

I just take the bag turn it inside out and hand wash it in the sink. Although taking Belter's course of action seems slightly more appealing :)
"Work is the curse of the drinking class"
Oscar Wilde

Dave S
Even further under the Table

Post by Dave S » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:37 pm

The ones I've bought in the past from HBSs look identical to medical tubigrips. I just turn 'em inside-out after use and rinse under warm water - no problem.
Best wishes

Dave

hophit

Post by hophit » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:51 pm

gibbiem wrote:Another question. How do you clean your hop bag? Last time I emptied the hops out and stuck it in the wash resulting in bits of hops all over the washing along with the smell of hops and an angry missus ha ha
I use and re-use a nylon hop bag. After use I turn it inside out and rinse it under the tap. When ready to use it again I boil it first. OK, so it has gone a bit green/yellow over time, but who cares? As long as it's sterile. Think I got it from www.home-brew-shop.co.uk

gibbiem

Post by gibbiem » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:55 pm

hophit wrote:
I use and re-use a nylon hop bag. After use I turn it inside out and rinse it under the tap. When ready to use it again I boil it first. OK, so it has gone a bit green/yellow over time, but who cares? As long as it's sterile. Think I got it from http://www.home-brew-shop.co.uk
Nice one, I've made my own by sewing two of the babies muslin squares together ha ha. She's got too many anyway. Last brew I used a muslin square just tied up and it worked fine, drinking that beer now and it's incredible!