T 90 Hop Pellets

If you have a hop related question about International Bittering Units or alpha acid, post it here!
fisherman

T 90 Hop Pellets

Post by fisherman » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:51 pm

Does anyone know where to get the freshest and varied range of T 90 hop pellets online please?.

pantsmachine

Re: T 90 Hop Pellets

Post by pantsmachine » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Simply hops have a decent selection. I am sure there are plenty more.

masterosouffle

Post by masterosouffle » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:17 pm

I use Rob (Maltmiller) and Dean on Ebid, between the I have almost always found what I need, they both display the year so I always choose the freshest.

Mr. Dripping

Post by Mr. Dripping » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:00 am

The only pellets I've used have been from the Malt Miller; they have always seemed to me to be of great quality.
I'm leaning more towards pellets these days to be honest. From a storage point of view they are great and I find them easier to remove with the trub at the end of the boil

pantsmachine

Post by pantsmachine » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:34 am

fisherman

Post by fisherman » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:49 pm

Hello. Mr Dripping how do you filter out your hop pellet residue and trub. I brew 46 litre brews and use about 50 grams of leaf hops and pellets. I only use leaf hops to try and filter the trub. I use the pellets in a hop spider so they do not go into my open boiler. At present I take out the copper coil when the brew is cool but have to wait 10 hours for the trub to settle over the 50 grams of used hops. I really want to use all pellets but then I will have the problem of trub. Happy brewing :D

Mr. Dripping

Post by Mr. Dripping » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:40 pm

My boiler has a false bottom. I've overlayed some T40 stainless steel mesh on to this.
This stops all the pellet matter and trub. I use a plate chiller to cool, so the break material ends up in my fermenter.
I'll sort a picture for you over next day or two.
ATB