Sample Pack

If you have a hop related question about International Bittering Units or alpha acid, post it here!
TempTest

Sample Pack

Post by TempTest » Sun May 04, 2014 10:53 pm

Hello!

Once upon a time I was in a brewery when they were brewing an Amarillo based beer. Since then I've always been able to tell when a beer has this hop in. I'd love to be able to tell other hop flavours and aromas so well. Do you know if anywhere sells a 'Hop Sample Pack' which includes a small quantity of a number of hops? I'd love to get a sample of some of the more well known hops and perhaps put them (separately) in a well sealed container so that I can 'smell' the hop when drinking a beer and use it to try and identify different hops in a beer.

I've seen on eBay, some time a go, a book or magazine which came with hops based on a similar principle, but I gather just buying the hops - if somewhere sold them in small enough quantities - might be a better call.

Thankyou.

TempTest

Re: Sample Pack

Post by TempTest » Mon May 05, 2014 5:38 pm

Excellent resources - Thank you. Still, it'd be nice to 'see' some of these hops... Give them a good sniff up close without any other flavours to help to identify them later. Buying a 100g bag of some of the more well known (or more frequently used) hops seems like an expensive way of doing things!