Epic for Oz11

If you have a hop related question about International Bittering Units or alpha acid, post it here!
scuppeteer
Under the Table
Location: Brenchley, Kent (Birthplace of Fuggles... or is it?)

Epic for Oz11

Post by scuppeteer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:25 am

While we're on the subject of English hops, what can you tell me about "Epic", young Scupps? Do you still use in Rustic (of which I had a fab pint or 3 this afternoon =D> )

Epic is an OP seedling of Alliance, (the Alliance is no longer grown commercially) found growing on Chris Nicholas' farm in Sandhurst, Kent a few years ago. We use it as a 2-1 ratio late hop along with Fuggles. The boss decided on using Fuggles as well as he thought that the hop/beer lacked something initially. I think it should stand up on its own really. The aroma is fantastic when dry, really fruity, so I thought I'd give it a go on its own. I currently have a 6% IPA conditioning to see if my nose is correct. Bittering and flavour hops are First Gold but all Epic in late and a shit load of em!

A bottle will of course come your way if its any good! :wink:

Where were you drinking BTW?
Dave Berry

Can't be arsed to keep changing this bit, so, drinking some beer and wanting to brew many more!

Sir, you are drunk! Yes madam, and you are ugly, but in the morning I shall be sober! - WSC

oz11
Drunk as a Skunk

Re: Epic for Oz11

Post by oz11 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:54 pm

Thanks for that Dave, interesting stuff. Look forward to hearing how your beer turns out.

The Rustic was down at the Tonbridge Angels. The ale was very much better than the footie that was served up :(. In hindsight I should have stayed in the bar.