Nelson Sauvin

If you have a hop related question about International Bittering Units or alpha acid, post it here!
jceg316

Re: Nelson Sauvin

Post by jceg316 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:57 pm

I did a huge shop for some much needed supplies on Monday night and couldn't find NS either. It's one of my favourites and I had a few recipes planned around this. I look after a king charles cavalier called Nelson, was gonna brew him a beer...

It seemed that there was a price hike in other New World hops as well, and I noticed Simcoe was out of stock on my usual HBS websites, another favourite of mine. Instead I used the money I saved on those hops to buy some British & European hops I've never heard of before to experiment with.

robbarwell
Hollow Legs

Post by robbarwell » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:01 pm

Hallertau Blanc is supposed to be like a pimped up Nelson..I bought 5kg last week from Simply Hops but they've now run out

deanrpwaacs
Piss Artist

Post by deanrpwaacs » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:52 pm

I still have plenty left . The price is inc of p&p .
Drinking ,Arrogant Bsteward,Black Wit,Cream Rye Stout,
Conditioning,Tally Ho,Spitfire
In the FV,Nowt
In the cube,Nowt
Coming up ,Old Spec Hen,Red IPA,Mega Hop Thing,Larkins Chidingstone,maybe a venture into Lager.
Love hops drink beer have a look here http://uk.ebid.net/items/ramengltddean

Sadfield
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Sadfield » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Jocky wrote:I think they'd be harvested the 2015 crop now and we'll see them available soon.

Given their rarity of these, and their relative uniqueness, I do like to pick up a couple of packets when they appear, knowing I'll use them some time in the year.
Surely, we'll see the harvest in another 6 months, with them being southern hemisphere hops.

Jocky
Even further under the Table

Post by Jocky » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:55 pm

Sadfield wrote:
Jocky wrote:I think they'd be harvested the 2015 crop now and we'll see them available soon.

Given their rarity of these, and their relative uniqueness, I do like to pick up a couple of packets when they appear, knowing I'll use them some time in the year.
Surely, we'll see the harvest in another 6 months, with them being southern hemisphere hops.
Well I wrote that in May...
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

jack_c

Post by jack_c » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:58 pm

I got some 2015 Nelson leaf from the homebrew store about a month ago. They did have a warning they only got 1/3 of what they asked for, so it is around. Just scarce http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/cgi ... %23a254301

Sadfield
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Sadfield » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:02 pm

Jocky wrote:
Sadfield wrote:

Well I wrote that in May...
Ooops, Sorry. :oops:

Jocky

Post by Jocky » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:15 pm

jack_c wrote:I got some 2015 Nelson leaf from the homebrew store about a month ago. They did have a warning they only got 1/3 of what they asked for, so it is around. Just scarce http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/cgi ... %23a254301
When I asked Rob at the malt Miller earlier this year he said he didn't expect to get any.

Looking on eBay ramengltddean has some on for £6.25/100g

Or you can buy a kilo from New Zealand for £32 plus £19 shipping and probably a load of customs charges on that too.
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

deanrpwaacs
Piss Artist

Post by deanrpwaacs » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:19 pm

Even less on ebid . [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Drinking ,Arrogant Bsteward,Black Wit,Cream Rye Stout,
Conditioning,Tally Ho,Spitfire
In the FV,Nowt
In the cube,Nowt
Coming up ,Old Spec Hen,Red IPA,Mega Hop Thing,Larkins Chidingstone,maybe a venture into Lager.
Love hops drink beer have a look here http://uk.ebid.net/items/ramengltddean

Dave S

Post by Dave S » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:23 pm

Copper Kettle have some in @ £4.95. Best price I've ever seen them.
Best wishes

Dave

Aleman
It's definitely Lock In Time

Post by Aleman » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:51 pm

Dave S wrote:Copper Kettle have some in @ £4.95. Best price I've ever seen them.
Damn No pellets :(

Goulders
Under the Table

Post by Goulders » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:11 pm

Dave S

Post by Dave S » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:45 pm

Seems they're gradually creeping back in.
Best wishes

Dave

pantsmachine

Post by pantsmachine » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:42 am

Used them a couple of times and while a nice hop i didn't see them as being a game changer or worth a premium, just my HO of course, even go so far as to say a touch 'Emperor's New Clothes'.