Newish hops

If you have a hop related question about International Bittering Units or alpha acid, post it here!
lord.president
Hollow Legs

Newish hops

Post by lord.president » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:50 pm

Been looking at Malt Miller hops. Next brew will be a rye pale. There's some newish hops on their site, Pioneer and Fusion. Has anybody used these? I'm assuming this is the UK trying to keep up with the USA?
Getting Carlisle United into the First Division,is possibly the greatest football achievement of all time-Bill Shankly

scuppeteer
Under the Table
Location: Brenchley, Kent (Birthplace of Fuggles... or is it?)

Re: Newish hops

Post by scuppeteer » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:43 pm

Not quite new. Pioneer was released in 1996. Very citrus but more subtle than the American citrus varieties.

Fusion is a blend, so will be different each year.

If you want punchy English then try Bullion.
Dave Berry

Can't be arsed to keep changing this bit, so, drinking some beer and wanting to brew many more!

Sir, you are drunk! Yes madam, and you are ugly, but in the morning I shall be sober! - WSC

lord.president
Hollow Legs

Post by lord.president » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:40 pm

Cheers. I noticed they were at the cheaper end of the spectrum and British. I like cheap....
Getting Carlisle United into the First Division,is possibly the greatest football achievement of all time-Bill Shankly

sbond10
Even further under the Table
Location: Warrington England usually drunk or being mithered by my 2yr old or wife

Post by sbond10 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:39 am

lord.president wrote:Cheers. I noticed they were at the cheaper end of the spectrum and British. I like cheap....

I like cheap too some tho some hops in my freezer I still havnt s clue what to do with