Cheapest hop suppliers online

If you have a hop related question about International Bittering Units or alpha acid, post it here!
Wekslap
Piss Artist

Cheapest hop suppliers online

Post by Wekslap » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:02 pm

Hi all. Just getting into all grain. Does anyone know the cheapest hop suppliers online please? Also for black malt and Caramalt?
Always walk softly, but carry a big stick!

Secla
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Re: Cheapest hop suppliers online

Post by Secla » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:51 pm

i finbd them a bit mixed depending on what hop your after, maltmillers my usual goto, geterbrewed or brewuk if malt miller doesnt haave what i need or the lhbs

Hanglow
Under the Table

Post by Hanglow » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:47 pm

Worcester Hop Shop are the cheapest I think, they also have a 5% off code for JBK members, do a search for that

mkimbell

Post by mkimbell » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:21 pm

Check the for sale forum here, Aaron sells some cheap hops and others pop up occasionally.

Geterbrewed are great if you order the 1kg packs.

Biggerjugscouk are cheap on eBay (e.g. 500g cascade is £13) - they don't seem to sell 500g packs on their actual website as far as I can tell, they also don't list the crop year but you can just message and ask.

Ramengltddean has some good offers on eBay too.

Haydnexport

Post by Haydnexport » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:56 pm

i'll second Worcester hop shop , brilliant to deal with

HF_Hops

Post by HF_Hops » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:18 am

We've just set-up at HFHops.co.uk

We won't we beaten on price, and we offer only premium quality hops. Please let us know if you are looking for a variety outside our current range, and we will source it for you.

Meatymc
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Meatymc » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:47 am

Welcome HF.

I'm sure you're offering excellent deals but not quite sure how many of us could cope with what looks like a minimum 5KG order - if only from a storage point of view!

Clibit
Under the Table

Post by Clibit » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:10 pm

I've started using Crossmyloof, on Facebook, their prices include postage and the hops are all pellet and always in great nick, and they also do some very handy dried yeasts at incredibly low prices.

TheSumOfAllBeers

Post by TheSumOfAllBeers » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:09 pm

Meatymc wrote:Welcome HF.

I'm sure you're offering excellent deals but not quite sure how many of us could cope with what looks like a minimum 5KG order - if only from a storage point of view!
Well there are a few people here who break up bales and split costs. So it's not unheard of, especially with a valuable hop.

However all the hops are on preorder?

When are you expecting to receive your first shipment?

Kev888
So far gone I'm on the way back again!

Post by Kev888 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:45 pm

I could cope with a few Kg, 5kg wouldn't be completely out of the question.. But not of US hops. Maybe more for the NEIPA brewers.

Cheapest often depends on several things, key ones include: harvest date, %AA, freshness (storage and packaging), country or origin, variety, and postage (which may include what else can be included in the same parcel). These vary between even the best sellers, so shop around to be sure.

Personally, I usually end up buying from The Malt Miller, especially if a few ingredients are wanted. For me its a combination of things: prices are always competative, quality of hops etc and packaging is always high, service is beyond reproach and his range is such that one postage cost tends to get spread across many items. He's also recently started doing some hop varieties in larger quantities, which is useful.
Kev

themadhippy
Even further under the Table

Post by themadhippy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:34 pm

We've just set-up at HFHops
I for one would be very wary of buying from your company as the only contact details are email or twitter ,as a private limited company you are required by law to clearly display your registered address and company registration number,ok these are easy to find else were,but not on your web site.
Warning: The Dutch Coffeeshops products may contain drugs. Drinks containing caffeine should be used with care and moderation

Manngold
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Manngold » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:59 am

themadhippy wrote:
We've just set-up at HFHops
I for one would be very wary of buying from your company as the only contact details are email or twitter ,as a private limited company you are required by law to clearly display your registered address and company registration number,ok these are easy to find else were,but not on your web site.
Lots of parts of the website leave a lot to be desired, imo. In the FAQ section, the security part just has the word 'our'. Surely most other suppliers also have the same access. I can't see myself using, 5kg is a big order. Especially for a pre order.

m_rawdin
Piss Artist

Post by m_rawdin » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:08 am

I've just started using crossmyloof too, very reasonable prices and free postage. I haven't actually used any in a brew yet but they're getting good reviews. There yeast is spot on and if you buy 5 or 10 packets at a time they work out at less than a quid a packet.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/341609746264187/

Fermenting: Nothing
Conditioning: Smoked porter
Drinking: Cider, witbier, brown ale, Milk stout
Planning: Gamma Ray clone v3

alexlark
Under the Table

Post by alexlark » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:40 pm

Crossmyloof here too. Hops are fantastic and so is their kolsch yeast.

Stesmi2
Tippler

Post by Stesmi2 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:41 pm

CML here too. The last Mosaic they sent had a kick ass aroma!!! Pretty decent prices too