What a nonce!

If you have a hop related question about International Bittering Units or alpha acid, post it here!
Meatymc
Drunk as a Skunk

What a nonce!

Post by Meatymc » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:54 am

Well, I've dropped a bit of a you know what having agreed last year to take the main 'Summer' holiday the first 2 weeks in September. My fall-back 'harvester' (daughter) forgot and is booked to be in New York at the same time. I've therefore been watching the crops every day and everything looks to be going well - well, for harvesting (or not!) in early September that is.

What's a bit odd is my 2nd year Northdown which has taken over the apple tree it's still sat under (never got around to moving it this year). Some bines have well-developed flowers on and look almost ready, whilst other have barely developed as yet. Took a hop off and whilst a great looking thing, there is no aroma whatsoever so obviously not near ready.

So my question, is it possible I'll be able to get at least some off before the end of the month or is it just hold and hope there's something saveable when I get back on 18th September.

MM

P.S. Told the wife b&$$er the strawberries etc, it's holidays in June or nothing next year

scuppeteer
Under the Table
Location: Brenchley, Kent (Birthplace of Fuggles... or is it?)

Re: What a nonce!

Post by scuppeteer » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:14 pm

All you can do is keep an eye on them. It is an early variety so you may be OK.
Dave Berry

Can't be arsed to keep changing this bit, so, drinking some beer and wanting to brew many more!

Sir, you are drunk! Yes madam, and you are ugly, but in the morning I shall be sober! - WSC