I've had a rummage in my drawers!

If you have a hop related question about International Bittering Units or alpha acid, post it here!
orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

I've had a rummage in my drawers!

Post by orlando » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:47 am

Hop drawers of course. :D

Came across two packs of hops that have lain forgotten along with any knowledge of how I came about them. One is called Epic, which I have discovered are a new English variety, the other is called Morris, which I have not been able to find any information on at all. The one thing I do know is the AA% for both. Anyone have anything to pass on about these hops, particularly if you have used them?
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

Meatymc
Drunk as a Skunk

Re: I've had a rummage in my drawers!

Post by Meatymc » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:01 pm

Can't help nor find anything either. Is it defo a variety and not a grower/wholesaler/supplier name for example?

Might be worth dropping the British Hop Association a line to see if they can help? Contact email:

alicapper@mac.com

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Re: I've had a rummage in my drawers!

Post by orlando » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:41 pm

A brewer in Kent I know and who gave them to me :oops: has given me a little more info.

Epic is a wild seedling of Alliance. Rather a nice fruity number. Info on the British Hop site.

Morris, is a wild seedling of unknown parentage, that grows in the yard of Morris Hanbury/Lupofresh. That'll be 2016 harvest.
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer