Fairy Champagne

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
shazza

Fairy Champagne

Post by shazza » Tue May 29, 2012 1:32 pm

http://daysontheclaise.blogspot.com/201 ... rette.html

I made something very similar to above last year and it was really lovely.Picking flowers in next few days-just waiting on the lemons.

shazza

Re: Fairy Champagne

Post by shazza » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Well,two and a bit months later and I've made three 50litre batches of this stuff-it's quite delicious and, in moderation, a pleasant & refreshing tipple.But,swigged by the pint and consumed in slightly larger quantities i.e. 4 pints in 2-3 hours with maybe 1 or 2 pints of TC for good measure you are most certainly going away with fairies-fookin lunatic soup!
Highly recommended.

Curious Brew

Post by Curious Brew » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:21 pm

I read the title and was so hoping for something brewed from washing-up liquid. :lol:

boingy

Post by boingy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:23 pm

Curious Brew wrote:I read the title and was so hoping for something brewed from washing-up liquid. :lol:
Yeah, me too. Should get a decent head on it if nothing else....

shazza

Post by shazza » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Time of year and all that-BUMP!

shazza

Post by shazza » Thu May 15, 2014 3:01 am

Annual bump.

6470zzy
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Post by 6470zzy » Thu May 15, 2014 10:11 am

Glad to see that you gave this one a Bump as I had somehow missed reading it before =D> I should like to try and make this not too sure about the vinegar addition though?

Cheers
"Work is the curse of the drinking class"
Oscar Wilde

shazza

Post by shazza » Fri May 16, 2014 1:17 am

I've made 5 or 6 batches of this with varying degrees of success. The vinegar is definitely not detrimental to the brew but the wild yeasts have produced erratic results- one 4 gallon batch resulted in a divine beverage fit for the King of the fairies himself, yet a brew done almost simultaneously (maybe a week apart) ended up flat and over-lemoney. The fun is in the unpredictability. Good luck.

Jambo
Hollow Legs

Post by Jambo » Fri May 23, 2014 9:37 am

I've got a couple of weeks to wait yet up here I think but planning a batch of this this year. Has anyone tried force carbing it before? I just can't be bothered with the risk of exploding bottles so planning on letting it ferment right out and then putting it in a Corny keg or PET bottles and using my Carbonator cap (something everyone with a Corny setup should have!)...

A recipe sent through from BrewUK yesterday also: http://www.brewuk.co.uk/store/recipes-e ... 02db8586e7

Jambo
Hollow Legs

Post by Jambo » Fri May 23, 2014 9:38 am

Or perhaps I will intervene with some Campden before it is too dry, anyone got a target SG they use for this?

cellone

Post by cellone » Sat May 24, 2014 1:33 am

Since they bloomed it has rained./