turbo cider using juice concentrate

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
Edmund

turbo cider using juice concentrate

Post by Edmund » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:53 am

Tesco sell juice concentrate (same as the cheap apple juice we use just without the water added) which i'm using for turbo cider, works out cheaper and the flavours are different (apple and plum at the moment).

I'll keep you updated and maybe get some pics up if i can.

Curious Brew

Post by Curious Brew » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:04 am

Sounds interesting. :D

Adam

Post by Adam » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:41 pm

i don't normally go into tesco's, how much is it and what area is it, juice aisle?

smiles
adam

Edmund

Post by Edmund » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:06 pm

it was with the juices and cordials. We got a few and it came to about 16 quid for 50 pints worth

dreadstar

Re: turbo cider using juice concentrate

Post by dreadstar » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:33 pm

Edmund wrote:Tesco sell juice concentrate (same as the cheap apple juice we use just without the water added) which i'm using for turbo cider, works out cheaper and the flavours are different (apple and plum at the moment).

I'll keep you updated and maybe get some pics up if i can.
Do you water it down?

I've got some sediment from the Coppers Mexican Cerveza I recently transferred into my Keg so was going to get some juice and throw that in with some honey :) I got 2x340g honey packs so looking at others on here looks like I need 8 litres of juice to add to it and I'm ready to go :) minus the 3 2 litre bottles of cider I'm going to have to drink to store it in ;)

Edmund

Post by Edmund » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:01 am

yeah there are instructions on how much water too add on the tin, it's basically the juice you get in the store before they add the water to it. most of the cheap juices are from concentrate to save on shipping.

dreadstar

Post by dreadstar » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:05 pm

Pah!!! My tesco doesn't have this :( I was well up for it too as it would have given me something to do with the filtered water that came free in the 2 litre PET's I bought off tescos to bottle my last TC.

I did find some raspberry syrup in the Polish section too that I'm tempted to try. Any ideas what sorta flavours I might get?

I'm also doing one with the polish juice :) blackcurrent and exotic flavour and it has artificial sweetner in it as well as sugar so it should end up with a bit of a sweet taste and at 50p a litre + additional sugar I can't go wrong ;)

Edmund

Post by Edmund » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:14 am

yeah as long as it's still actual juice it's normally pretty good, i just put some cherry juice with my prohibition gin kit yeast, we'll see what happens

dreadstar

Post by dreadstar » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:36 pm

Raspberry TC here I come then :) I'm thinking I might stick some AJ in too though :)