aghh help!

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
Doughboy

aghh help!

Post by Doughboy » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:30 pm

Just trying some of PMH0810's "turbo purple" using don simeon juice (3 for £3)...and ive pushed my rubber bung thru the demi neck like a noob - only made thing up half hour ago...

do i exchange the juice into my other clean demi or will it be OK left in and me use another bung?..the bung thats fell in was left in sterilising solution for 30mins..

Ive added a bag of dark brown sugar to try and give it an alternate taste to PMH0810's using 400g of white....i was really pleased with the way it was coming together as well...

its only been going half hour with turbo yeast and its already forming a formidable head :shock: - another hour and a demi transplant aint gonna be possible.

Doughie..

Doughboy

Post by Doughboy » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:43 pm

thanks Daab - ill leave it if theres nothing to worry about...

incidentaly, the airlock is increased bubbling as the minutes tick by - once every 8 secs and its still not an hour old :shock: ....ive transfered it to a plastic box to contain any accidents :D

P.S. cheers for PM earlier - cant believe a simple light bulb could solve my prob - its easy if you know how!.

doughie.

PMH0810

Post by PMH0810 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:47 am

Good luck! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as the white seemed to do the job bt I wish I'd used brown.

Still, there's next time!

Doughboy

Post by Doughboy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:07 am

checked on it this morning and its doing 2 bubbles per second.
The neck right up to the bung is a mess but it hasnt breached the airlock - and calmed back down now.
from what ive seen so far - its more active than TC.
Gonna make a start on my peach shnapps idea today in the shed which is covered in a thick blanket of snow :shock:
wonder if i could use snow in stead of water for the sugar solution :? it aint got no chlorine in!

Doughie

Doughboy

Post by Doughboy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:13 pm

Finally bottled my Turbo purple off today - and got the bung out the bottom of the FV with the help of a thin tea-towel...
Anyway, ive tried a small amount, like PMH0810s, its got a very winey type tast...
The other thing that struck me is although theres a really strong alcohol "background" taste there's very little tang like from TC - infact, the brown sugar taste is evident but i cant put my finger on it...
I'll give it a proper test in a couple of weeks :wink:

Doughie