Turbo Cider Yeast amounts

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
mattamyg

Turbo Cider Yeast amounts

Post by mattamyg » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Hi

I am just about to try out making TC, I have the plastic demijohn, the apple juice and a sachet of champagne yeast.

Question is, how much of the sachet goes in? Its 11g and does 20 ltrs.

A pinch, or the whole lot!

Thanks

Matt
Last edited by mattamyg on Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richard_senior

Post by richard_senior » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:21 pm

I'm guessing that your motives for making turbo cider are the same as my motives were.... I called mine 'lunicidal'.
Given your motives.. I wouldn't worry too much about the effects of adding too much yeast :)

NickL

Post by NickL » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:29 pm

I would put it all in. I do think that less than all of it should work, if 11g does 20l then should be able to proportionately add less yeast. But I never have.

What I am doing is I have bought a tub (100g) of Young's dried active yeast (for winemaking and brewing it says on the side) to use on my fun or lower quality brewing adventures. I don't know what the quality is yet as I havent tried it but it must be more than adequate for tc and at about 1.50 for 100g much cheaper than throwing expensive yeast into it. :)

Here it is http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/aca ... Yeast.html

edit1now
Under the Table

Post by edit1now » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:56 pm

I think we're on the 7th or 8th batch of TC on the same lot of Young's Champagne yeast. I made a starter originally, with a whole sachet, now we syphon off the TC and add AJ. Good so far.

mattamyg

Post by mattamyg » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:18 am

cheers everyone!

I'll chuck the lot in!