GBR Turbo Cider

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
BlackBag

GBR Turbo Cider

Post by BlackBag » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:58 am

Now that I've discovered the joys of TC there's no stopping me.
I racked my first batch yesterday, which I'll bottle tonight, and have started on batch 2. Not wishing to chuck away all the filth at the bottom of the original demi I added a teaspoon of yeast, 1/2 a teaspoon of yeast vit nutrient, just under a litre of apple juice, 2 litres of Grape Blueberry and Raspberry juice, and gave it a bloody good shake. Hence GBR TC. Something patriotic for the forthcoming Olympics. Tonight I'll throw in another litre of GBR and 1/2 litre of apple juice, with probably a couple of teaspoons of sugar. What a splendid drop of splosh for the summer.

BlackBag

Post by BlackBag » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:29 pm

Aye, I know. I just thought I'd better put some more yeast in just in case it didn't start. I'll definitely be chucking the muck when this one's done. To be honest when I was doing it I was thinking, ooo, no, nasty. My other half thinks I'm a right scruffy tramp. She doesn't appreciate the hay clarse beveridge that awaits her. Actually I think she was more disgusted that I've put it in the bedroom to ferment. I slept lovely last night with the sound of a furiously bubbling airlock. Don't know what her problem is.

BlackBag

Post by BlackBag » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:35 am

Just a quick update.
I bottled this filth yesterday and surprise surprise I managed to knock this DJ over as well whilst doing so. Another 2 pints worth of muck on the kitchen carpet.
I never realised how clumsy I was until I started doing this again.

Curious Brew

Post by Curious Brew » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:05 pm

TC makes me clumsy too. :lol: