Vinbrite filter question

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
faeyd

Vinbrite filter question

Post by faeyd » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:03 pm

Hi all,

I am a little concerned that the splash created by using the Vinbrite filter just before bottling is going to cause me oxidation problems. The drop from filter to the bottom of a 5 gallon carboy is pretty high so I know it's going to be very splashy.

Any advice on minimizing splash or if I can ignore my concern because it won't be a serious issue?

Doingatun
Piss Artist

Post by Doingatun » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:17 pm

I use the same filter and was concerned about the splashing also, I’ve pushed suitable sized food grade tubing a short way into the funnel section long enough to reach the bottom of the vessel I filter into.

Horden Hillbilly

Post by Horden Hillbilly » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:51 pm

Doingatun wrote:I use the same filter and was concerned about the splashing also, I’ve pushed suitable sized food grade tubing a short way into the funnel section long enough to reach the bottom of the vessel I filter into.
Seconded, I do the same myself as seen here, 4th pic down.

faeyd

Post by faeyd » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:36 pm

Good stuff guys, thanks.

Horden, what diameter is the tubing that you have put onto the filteroutlet? 8mm?

Horden Hillbilly

Post by Horden Hillbilly » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:17 pm

It is 10mm tubing. If you can't buy it locally, I got mine from here. If you order it from there, click on the options box to choose the 10mm size.