Turbo thanks

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
Curious Brew

Post by Curious Brew » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:39 pm

The original TC recipe actually used bread yeast I believe.

I've used bog-standard bread yeast on some of my experimental brews to good effect. My Cherry Surprise and my original Atomic Lemon were both made with standard yeast.

Prozac

Post by Prozac » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:38 pm

Still bibbling along ..... I'd like to be drinking this next weekend but it needs to stop fermenting !!!!

I have just bought 4L of value Apple Juice from Te*co's and supplemented it with a Litre of Pear Juice.... Paula is into Perry so I'm hoping the Pear JUice will impart some pearyness.....

The TC has been in the DJ's on the 11/9 so I'm hoping to bottle it this weekend. :?

vinceg

Post by vinceg » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:16 am

Got a sachet of Youngs cider yeast. Do I put the whole sachet in a one gallon demijohn?

paulturner1974

Post by paulturner1974 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:41 am

any yeast will do but they will change the taste of your TC try making a few demis using the same juices but different yeasts (bread, cider, champaige, wine, beer) you can also try putting sweetners in at the bottling stage if you like it a bit sweeter i put two splenda tablets in each bottle but make sure the sweetners are non fermentable :D :D

Chumsky

Post by Chumsky » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:15 am

vinceg wrote:Got a sachet of Youngs cider yeast. Do I put the whole sachet in a one gallon demijohn?
I only used 1 level teaspoon of champagne yeast and it's fermenting like a beast!

May be different with Cider.

Prozac

Post by Prozac » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:27 pm

When is it ready to bottle? My airlocks are still bubbling at a rate of 1 blip every 10-15seconds.... How slow should it go????

Curious Brew

Post by Curious Brew » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:25 pm

Prozac wrote:When is it ready to bottle? My airlocks are still bubbling at a rate of 1 blip every 10-15seconds.... How slow should it go????
Virtually stopped!

Otherwise you end up making grenades. :lol: :shock:

Prozac

Post by Prozac » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:57 pm

Bugger.....
I can't see it slowing quickly....

maxashton

Post by maxashton » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:24 pm

It depends on the nutrients available to the yeast, the strain of yeast you're using, and the type of fermentables you've provided to the yeast.

Some people's combinations ferment out in two days, some might take two weeks.

Chumsky

Post by Chumsky » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:10 pm

Prozac wrote:Bugger.....
I know the feeling, one of mines nearly been going a week and it's bubbling every 6 seconds.....

Need it to be ready a week tomorrow! =(

Curious Brew

Post by Curious Brew » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:27 pm

Put another one on to keep it company... :wink: :twisted: :lol:

Prozac

Post by Prozac » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:27 am

Chumsky wrote:
Prozac wrote:Bugger.....
I know the feeling, one of mines nearly been going a week and it's bubbling every 6 seconds.....

Need it to be ready a week tomorrow! =(
Same here.... off caravanning and was hoping to take some loopy juice with me!!!

Chumsky

Post by Chumsky » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:48 am

Curious-brew wrote:Put another one on to keep it company... :wink: :twisted: :lol:
I did :P on Tuesday, just got to play the waiting game now!

Prozac

Post by Prozac » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:41 am

MY TC is blipping every 20 seconds regular as clockwork.
I used this marvelous timer ---> http://www.online-stopwatch.com/full-screen-stopwatch/

That's 3 a minute.
Is this still too lively?

Chumsky

Post by Chumsky » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:27 pm

Prozac wrote:MY TC is blipping every 20 seconds regular as clockwork.
I used this marvelous timer ---> http://www.online-stopwatch.com/full-screen-stopwatch/

That's 3 a minute.
Is this still too lively?
I think so, one a minute is probably getting there.