Lidl Apple juce

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
Damfoose

Lidl Apple juce

Post by Damfoose » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:20 pm

Just been to lidl for some parmezan but noticed they have 50% 1.5 litre apple juce for 69p a go needles to say wife looked at me and picked up 6 cartons with the words more TC must say she is very excitable about this brewing lark :)

CyberPaddy66

Post by CyberPaddy66 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:50 am

Make sure there's no preservatives in there but nice find anyway, way to go Mrs :lol:

CiderBoy

Post by CiderBoy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:53 pm

... and there was me thinking my 50p a litre apple juice from Asda was a good buy :(

Still, it was funny when I went through the checkout with 50 litres of it - the looks I got from the other customers!

maxashton

Post by maxashton » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:48 pm

I've used that lidl stuff before, worked fine last time.

Damfoose

Post by Damfoose » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:38 pm

CyberPaddy66 wrote:Make sure there's no preservatives in there but nice find anyway, way to go Mrs :lol:
Yup no preservatives I checked that before buying :D
Even got added sugar ohhhhhhhh nice .... Not started it yet been to busy with work unfortunatley but im sure to get it on this weekend. But im thinking on doing 20 litres make a proper batch up.

Bryggmester

Post by Bryggmester » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:59 am

I don't know how much added sugar they have but you might find it better to stick to the Lidl 100% apple juice at 87p for 1.5 litres and, if you want sugar, then add it yourself. It may well be cheaper and you will know what exactly is in your brew.

edit1now
Under the Table

Post by edit1now » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:37 pm

We found that the Lidl 100% gave quite a dry and "rough" TC, so we've been using T**co's Value 100% at about 54p/litre. I'd avoid juices whcih are less than 100% as it means you're carrying more water home :)

bevanjon74

Re: Lidl Apple juce

Post by bevanjon74 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:39 pm

Edit1 is right about the Lidl 100% apple juice, I made some recently with that and it was v rough and ready compared to the "almost" classy taste :wink: and clarity achieved with the Tescos Value one.. I saw in our tescos that they had put a discontinued sign on the value juice though... has anyone else noticed this? Or is it just my tescos that is stopping it? hope not it makes a cracking TC

youngbrewer

Re: Lidl Apple juce

Post by youngbrewer » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:03 pm

bevanjon74 wrote:Edit1 is right about the Lidl 100% apple juice, I made some recently with that and it was v rough and ready compared to the "almost" classy taste :wink: and clarity achieved with the Tescos Value one.. I saw in our tescos that they had put a discontinued sign on the value juice though... has anyone else noticed this? Or is it just my tescos that is stopping it? hope not it makes a cracking TC
I tried to get some in my local tescos and they didnt even have any there so had to go for the lidl juice

got 5 bigg bottles of lidl TC just been moved in to the cool so fingers crossed