Sweeter TC

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
alefric

Sweeter TC

Post by alefric » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:40 pm

Wow! just had the last bottle of my one and only batch of TC......I forgot about it and its been in the fridge for 2 months and i can't believe its the same stuff.....taste is fantastic except that its a bit too dry for my palate.....Any ideas please on how to make it a little sweeter next time. I had wondered about the old Dave Line trick of using sweeteners

Thanks in advance

Andrew

tubby_shaw

Post by tubby_shaw » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:45 am

Yes use any unfermentable sweetener you can lay your hands on, I use 1\2tsp of granulated sweetener per pint along with 30ml of apple juice as a primer.
There are those who say that there may be a bitter after taste from some of the sweeteners but I haven't noticed one :)

alefric

Post by alefric » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:17 am

Cheers TS i'll give it a whirl......(i wonder if the bitterness comes from using too much)....using your suggested amounts.

Thanks again

Andrew

Bryggmester

Post by Bryggmester » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:37 am

Or you could just put a slug of apple juice into the glass when you pour your TC. It will take the edge of the dryness without risking any off flavours.

maxashton

Post by maxashton » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:42 am

Add lactose to taste before fermentation. Not sure how much to use in a TC, try 1-200 gms

BlackBag

Post by BlackBag » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:26 am

I've been doing what Bryggmester suggests with my TC. If it's too dry a nice apple juice top fits the bill. Mind you, after 1 bottle I don't notice how dry the next ones are.

alefric

Post by alefric » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:43 pm

You have a point Blackbag i remember the first few (well......sort of!)......and thanks for the replies everyone.....also Max can i take it thats per gallon?

Andrew