Turbo cider tart...

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
Adam

Post by Adam » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:53 am

Fermented orange juice or "orange slurry" is what is brewed in prison
Every forum member so far that has had the bright idea of orange tc has simply vanished without a trace
i am still here and made prison hooch from Orange Juice. It was tangy and pleasant, somewhere between fanta and that Sunny Delight that used to have pulp in it.

smiles
adam

Prozac

Post by Prozac » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:04 am

youngbrewer wrote:
Prozac wrote:
youngbrewer wrote:ok im new to all this stuff but i have got to try this so what do i need???

apple juice
cider yeast

and is that it???
I used Coopers recipe.... 5L apple juice , 200g sugar, a large tablespoon of honey and some yeast..... I used Allinsons Bread yeast and it's going like a demon now.

Check the Turbo Cider Thanks thread....
oh i cant wait to get my first to brew out of the way as i gotta try 1 of these :D :lol:
You use a Demijohn and airlock as the FV.... so it shouldn't interfere with your current brew.

youngbrewer

Post by youngbrewer » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:38 am

Prozac wrote:
youngbrewer wrote:
Prozac wrote: I used Coopers recipe.... 5L apple juice , 200g sugar, a large tablespoon of honey and some yeast..... I used Allinsons Bread yeast and it's going like a demon now.

Check the Turbo Cider Thanks thread....
oh i cant wait to get my first to brew out of the way as i gotta try 1 of these :D :lol:
You use a Demijohn and airlock as the FV.... so it shouldn't interfere with your current brew.
Forgive me as i am new to all this whats a FV??

Chumsky

Post by Chumsky » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:58 pm

youngbrewer wrote:
Prozac wrote:
youngbrewer wrote: oh i cant wait to get my first to brew out of the way as i gotta try 1 of these :D :lol:
Forgive me as i am new to all this whats a FV??
I don't know for certain, but it could be Fermenting Vessel?

youngbrewer

Post by youngbrewer » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:05 pm

aahhhh yeah silly me!!!! doh :roll:

Prozac

Post by Prozac » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:35 pm

:wink:

I only started brewing on the 25 June this year ..... you pick it up pretty quick.
I think it's best to keep a log of everything you do.... I don't think brewing is an exact science so it's worth experimenting a bit I guess... for instance, the last bitter I did, you had an option of a 40 pint version, in which you added 1kg sugar....... or there was a 32pint version into which you added 1.2kg sugar :shock: :shock: :shock: so presumably you could have added 1.2 kg, or more, sugar to the 40pint version and it'd have been fine.

TC seems like a piece of piss.