Which wine kit?

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
Prozac

Which wine kit?

Post by Prozac » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:05 pm

Wifey fancies a dabble in wine making...... just kits to start off with....
any suggestions? I'd be after a 6 bottle kit for starters..... white, medium....

coatesg

Post by coatesg » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:58 pm

I'm interested in recommendations too myself as I interested in making up a kit wine soon - I may try a 1 gallon before a 5 gallon kit to see how it goes.

But the other option here is country winemaking. At the minute, you have elderberries, blackberries and damsons (amongst many other fruits) which all make good wine. I have done some recently and it's been good fun - though no idea what they are like since they aren't anywhere ready as they need a good bit of time to mature.

BlackBag

Post by BlackBag » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:21 am

Only done the one white wine kit so far. Beaverdale Chardonnay, 6 bottle. Piece of piss to make. Bog standard instructions. Made it on Sunday 13th July, added the kieselsol August 1st, chitosan on the 3rd, racked into another DJ on the 9th (then kept cool by leaving in bucket of cold water with wet tea towel draped around it for the wicking effect), bottled it on the 18th.
Tried a bottle of it last week, perfect. Honestly you couldn't taste any difference between the home-made stuff and a mass produced one. If anything this tasted nicer as I knew it had been made with love :D