New TC maker

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
Chumsky

Post by Chumsky » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:07 pm

DREADSKIN wrote:Sorry mate,
got excited...
i put the juice, blended (pealed) apples and honey+ tea in at start, use youngs cider yeast. i leave a good spce at the top to foam and go mental... when its calmed down i rack of the bramley pulp that has settle out to the bottom. you can also seive the bramley pulp to get as much juice outta it too. then i top up the vessel (i use a 'liberated' 20ltr mineral water bottle i got fom the water delvery guy at work) with apple juice. leave it for another week till it calms down again. rack again. prime and bottle.

THEN i get the ladz round, put the punk on and go mental... LOL
Ah right I think I'm with ya!

What do you prime with? :O

DREADSKIN

Post by DREADSKIN » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:22 pm

'a teaspoon of sugar helps the cider go POP, in the most delightful way...'

mini-me

Post by mini-me » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:37 pm

Been out today and bought another lot of apple juice :D

The one I made yesterday is bubbling away nicely so I thought I would have another go.

I wanted to do this one different so I was going to use honey and sugar, but I could not get any brewing sugar, so will have to just use the honey.

Has anyone any idea as to how much honey I should use please, I have 5lt of tesco value apple juice,one pack of 5g cider yeast and tesco value honey and can I use any sugar if so how much.

Chumsky

Post by Chumsky » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:45 pm

mini-me wrote:Been out today and bought another lot of apple juice :D

The one I made yesterday is bubbling away nicely so I thought I would have another go.

I wanted to do this one different so I was going to use honey and sugar, but I could not get any brewing sugar, so will have to just use the honey.

Has anyone any idea as to how much honey I should use please, I have 5lt of tesco value apple juice,one pack of 5g cider yeast and tesco value honey and can I use any sugar if so how much.
Check out this thread I started, be awsome if you could add your brew to it.

My post will tell you how much I used.

viewtopic.php?t=16049

mini-me

Post by mini-me » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:55 pm

Thanks for that Chumsky, what sugar did you use ?

DREADSKIN

Post by DREADSKIN » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:56 pm

OR... JUST STICK THE WHOLE JAR IN AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS...

mini-me

Post by mini-me » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:58 pm

What a good idea :lol:

Chumsky

Post by Chumsky » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:58 pm

mini-me wrote:Thanks for that Chumsky, what sugar did you use ?
Just regular Granulated!

I'm no expert, I've not actually drank any of my own turbo cider yet, only had two demi-johns going for a few days.

So don't take my everyword! :)