MANGO WINE

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
DREADSKIN

MANGO WINE

Post by DREADSKIN » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:14 pm

Hi everyone,

in the spirit of shared information and voyages thru brewing i thought i would share my recent foray into the world of interesting booze...

this little piggy went to (supper)market... and whilst at asda found 7 tins of reduced price mangos in syrip! i could not resist as each can was a mere 36p... so i bought a pound of rasins too and two kilos of sugar.

upon returning to my lair, i put on my alchemists cloak and started the magic. i got out my brew pot, magic mix blender and three demi j's.

i blended the mango, mixed into the syrid and distributed by equally into the three dj's. i then blended the rasins and stuck them in the dj's. the same for the 2 kilos of sugar. next in was the peel and juice(no white pith) of lemon 3rd of lemon per dj. next up tannin, tartic acid, nutrient.

as for the yeast, in one i put normal youngs wine yeast, and in the other two champagne yeast. by theis morning it was going mental, and had separated leaving the matter at the top. i expect this to fall out soon, then i will rack it off. the hydrometer cane in at about 15%, but this could be down to the mango matter helping boyancy too.

enjoy

CyberPaddy66

Post by CyberPaddy66 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:32 pm

Give them plenty of headspace to start with, my Mango wine blew it's load too many times before it calmed down :oops:

CarpHunter

Post by CarpHunter » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:07 pm

Thanks Dreadskin.

Mango is my favorite fruit so it would be rude of me not to try this after you took the time to post the info.

DREADSKIN

Post by DREADSKIN » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:34 pm

Yeah carp, its mine too so i could not resist this brew.

and cyberpaddy, i thought there might be a bit of explosion possibilities so i left about 6 inches...(my gorse mead blew up in the hot press. im still finding gorse flowers in the middle of towels etc)

oh i, i also put in some pectolase to help brake the matter down.