Help! Urgent(ish) apple query

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
BlackBag

Help! Urgent(ish) apple query

Post by BlackBag » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:53 pm

Greetings my fermenting friends
OH decided to pick some of our apples today, jam making this evening I believe. Pshhhaw! cried I, watching her and the children mincing about with a broom shaking the odd branch. Big brave hunter gatherer that I am, I scaled the tree they were at and showed them how it was done. Twenty minutes later and I was told to get down as she had more than she needed. Thing is that was one bough, of one tree, for just twenty minutes. We've now got five carrier bags full, and they're only the good ones. I suggested she takes what she needs and I'd bung the rest in the freezer. She seems to think that they've got to be washed/peeled/cored, then bagged, before going in said freezer. What's the answer?

brewzone

Post by brewzone » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:12 pm

Looks like You've got some tedious peeling ahead of You!

Either way Your in a bit of a 'jam' :lol:

BlackBag

Post by BlackBag » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:15 pm

What about . . .
. . . if I throw all the apples into the tumble dryer, with a sharp knife, and put it onto a cool setting? Should work shouldn't it?

brewzone

Post by brewzone » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:18 pm

BlackBag wrote:What about . . .
. . . if I throw all the apples into the tumble dryer, with a sharp knife, and put it onto a cool setting? Should work shouldn't it?
No It'll 'jam' up! :lol:

Seriously though! Maybe baking the apples in batches in the oven will soften them up a bit and You should be able to scoop out the flesh and bag this up and freeze till required.
Last edited by brewzone on Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:19 pm

Whatever the correct answer is, you'll still have to do what she wants, so you might as well get on with it. :lol: :wink:
NURSE!! He's out of bed again!

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

BlackBag

Post by BlackBag » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:24 pm

Please, lads, let's have some solidarity here. She's only one woman. One scary looking woman, with a knife in her hand.

Must dash, apparently I'm busy.