Time to bottle my TC

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
Chumsky

Time to bottle my TC

Post by Chumsky » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:15 pm

Right, as the title states, it's bottling time!

I've got a full demi-john of TC ready to go.

I'm thinking of bottling it with 30ml of apple juice per pint. Not sure though, I've also got some non fermentable sweetner (Canderel) which I'm hoping with sweeten it up.

Going to bottle it tonight, any tips?

What has every been bottling theirs with?

Prozac

Post by Prozac » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:50 pm

Mine's still fermenting :?

How much Canderel will you use to sweeten it up a bit?

Chumsky

Post by Chumsky » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:53 pm

Prozac wrote:Mine's still fermenting :?

How much Canderel will you use to sweeten it up a bit?
Well I dunno, I'm pretty sure I should have added it at the start, not sure how much good it will do now! What you reckon?

Prozac

Post by Prozac » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:00 pm

I bottled my 2 demijohns of TC today and got a 3rd one on the go now, this one with a Litre of Pear Juice in as well.

The sips I had of the TC whilst bottling was very promising.

Prozac

Re: Time to bottle my TC

Post by Prozac » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:54 pm

I've just bottled my 3rd attempt at TC..... first two were flat as a witches tit.....
This one I made with a Cider Yeast and a litre of Pear Juice.
I'm slightly concerned as it had an inch of 'stuff' in it..... almost like curds and whey, where the cheese (curds) seperates from the whey.... I'm putting this down to the pear juice, though don't know why....

I've also probably made some bombs ... the wife likes Perry, which is pretty sweet..... I found some Silver Spoon Light Sugar --> http://www.silverspoon.co.uk/home/produ ... ated-sugar in the cupboard and added a level tsp into each 500ml bottle...... I'm expecting cider up the walls tomorrow morning.... they're in St. Helier Pear Cider bottles with crown caps....

I think I'll be leaving these for a while ..... I'm in no rush to try them at all!!! :? :? :? :?

vinceg

Post by vinceg » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:54 pm

As a rule, how long after bottling is it before TC is ready to drink?

Mine's just about finished fermenting I reckon - currently 1 bubble every 50 secs or so. Its been on the go for 14 days.

Chumsky

Post by Chumsky » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:20 pm

vinceg wrote:As a rule, how long after bottling is it before TC is ready to drink?

Mine's just about finished fermenting I reckon - currently 1 bubble every 50 secs or so. Its been on the go for 14 days.
As a rule about a week.

But theres no rules for TC, it's anyones game! =)

The longer the better I understand.