wine kit fermentation

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
hitower_george

wine kit fermentation

Post by hitower_george » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:53 am

been a while since i've posted and sort of not knowing where to turn to i got some good tips when i started my beer kits,

I've already done one wine and it came out brill but now i've started 2 new one's I've followed the instructions also adding the concentrated grape juice to the mix, but when I've added the yeast one has not got a foam on it and one has, both are bubbling away nicely, but the foam is only 5 or 6mm high just wondering if this is going to be ok ?

any tips would be greatly appreciated.

beesley121

Post by beesley121 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:31 pm

it will be fine mate, dont worry!

DREADSKIN

Post by DREADSKIN » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:44 pm

if in doubt you can always give them a little shake. this will get a bit of oxegen in to the booze and get it going.

hitower_george

Post by hitower_george » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:59 pm

yeah i read some where that you can agitate them, also it says agitate them a number of times over a few hours. any idea's on how much and upto what stage to keep'em moving?

Horden Hillbilly

Post by Horden Hillbilly » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:22 pm

hitower_george wrote:yeah i read some where that you can agitate them, also it says agitate them a number of times over a few hours. any idea's on how much and upto what stage to keep'em moving?
If they are bubbling away nicely which you said they were in your 1st post, don't worry, I wouldn't bother agitating them either as you may run the risk of areating the wine now that the fermentation is under way.
One has not got a foam on it and one has
You will find that you rarely, if ever, have 2 identical fermentations. Again, nothing to worry about.