Wilko Wine Kits

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
phil55494

Wilko Wine Kits

Post by phil55494 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:25 pm

As part of this Wilkos 50% off homebrew sale I've picked up a couple of the wine kits. A white, pinot grigio and red, merlot. Both have instructions to add 3.5kg sugar and make up to 5gallons with water. While I'm sure it would be a basic drinkable wine, I'm wanting something a bit better.
My question is, how much (if any) better would it be if I didn't add any extra sugar and only made the kit up to 1 gallon?

mozza
Under the Table

Re: Wilko Wine Kits

Post by mozza » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:54 pm

I've made a few of the Wilko kits and they have been fantastic. My advice would be not to touch it :)
Cheers and gone,

Mozza

danbrew

Post by danbrew » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:22 pm

It will strip the enamel off your teeth if you only do it to a gallon...

Max_Headroom

Post by Max_Headroom » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:33 am

I bought a couple of these kits in the 50% sale, i believe they are made by Muntons so i am expecting them to be drinkable and at £4 each as cheap as a WOW.

Ribbit

Post by Ribbit » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:23 pm

My local Wilko has the 30 bottle Rose wine kits reduced from £20 to £10. Hopefully yours does too. :)

Spotted it while picking up some demijohns.

philgb

Post by philgb » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:05 pm

Just visited wilkos today and it seems they are clearing the shelves of the premium 30 bottle kits at 9.50 a case. Started at 37 then 18 in the big sale. My mrs went nuts when she saw the boot full of them. I tried the cav sav and the merlot in the big sale added 1kg of brewing sugar and they taste brilliant after a month or so came out at14%. Go now and grab em lol