Cola lips 5.5%

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
afur130173

Re: Cola lips 5.5%

Post by afur130173 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:55 pm

as per my instructions, once the initial fermentation is complete (it may not be too fervent anyway) you will top it up to 5 litres.
you can increase the sugar content to up the alcohol levels but i always find that between 4 and 6% abv is enough for most people. anything above this can start to change the flavour.

fatbloke

Post by fatbloke » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:11 am

And anyone who wants to try home brewing anything, the 5 litre water bottle trick works well. You don't even need to lose the cap. It can be punched to take an airlock grommet so you can use if for "proper"brews as well.....they're blow molded PET so the same material as better bottles which is fine for the ferment and short to medium ageing etc......

timbo41
Under the Table
Location: nr two big USAFE bases. youll HAVE TO SHOUT! brandon suffolk

Post by timbo41 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:55 am

anyone remember mad dog 20/20. been asked to make similar ..the kiwi fruit type. any recipes out there?
Just like trying new ideas!

afur130173

Post by afur130173 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:34 pm

i am sure that you can get kiwi juice. i also think that you may be able to get kiwi syrup in the eastern european shops that have sprung up everywhere.

the syrup are full of sugar (approx 6 x sugar content in fruit juice) but the do take longer to ferment out. if you can get the fruit juice i would go for that. another option would be to get cheap kiwi fruits and skin them and blitz them before adding sugar and water. then ferment them.

Pinto
Falling off the Barstool

Post by Pinto » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:19 pm

timbo41 wrote:anyone remember mad dog 20/20. been asked to make similar ..the kiwi fruit type. any recipes out there?
Dont have a recipe, but read here for a laugh :lol:

http://www.bumwine.com

Pretty nasty stuff by all accounts lol
Primary 1: Nonthing
Primary 2 : Nothing
Primary 3 : None
Secondary 1 : Empty
Secondary 1 : None
DJ(1) : Nowt
DJ(2) : N'otin....
In the Keg : Nada
Conditioning : Nowt
In the bottle : Cinnamonator TC, Apple Boost Cider, Apple & Strawberry Cider
Planning : AG #5 - Galaxy Pale (re-brew) / #6 - Alco-Brau (Special Brew Clone) / #7 Something belgian...
Projects : Mini-brew (12l brew length kit) nearly ready :D

Join the BrewChat - open minds and adults only ;) - Click here

fatbloke

Post by fatbloke » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:55 pm

Kiwi wine doesn't need the fruit skinning, just use a knife to core out the top and bottom, then slice up a bit.

Whatever you do, don't heat them otherwise they change flavour quicker then apples do and there's a bigger change in taste.

You might consider getting some extra fruit then chucking it through a juicing machine to add to it after the ferment. Then you'd likely have a better, more original fruity taste to it.......