Wilko 30 bottle Soave kit

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
Ribbit

Wilko 30 bottle Soave kit

Post by Ribbit » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:45 pm

Anybody tried it?

It sounds just the thing that's favourite with my kid sister, so fancy giving it a go.

She likes Rose almost as much, so picked up a couple of 30 bottle kits for £10 each while in the local Wilko yesterday. I was going to grab a Soave, but the Rose offer was too good to miss (probably being safe ground to start with).

For the second Rose kit, I was thinking of using the concentrate with a 30 bottle Soave (or maybe the Pinot Grigio if that's a bit more tasty), and doing it as maybe a combined 45 bottle kit to give it more depth and range of flavour.

Any pointers/passéd on experience with these kits greatly appreciated.

As an aside, I was doing a fruit teabag wine earlier, and started some yeast off. When it was going well, I added a half teaspoon of nutrient to the starter, and it killed the yeast/made it unconscious with shock, pretty much instantly.
I had also had an issue with a brew that would half heartedly start and then stall, over the past week (thought it may have been the temperature, but other things in the same spot were nicely at 24 deg and fermenting well. I suspect it may be me doing things wrong with this nutrient (it's Wilko, and several other brews have been responding well with the same nutrient, especially a banana, pineapple, and apple, which was blowing banana through the dj airlock, the enthusiasm for the nutrient being that strong, hehe).
Anybody else had similar? Given the nice temperatures we have had recently, would the nutrient possibly be vulnerable to being affected by the heat prior to use, or something?

eta: Forgot to say, the Soave is on offer at £15 instead of £23!