cranberry tc TURBO CHALLENGE

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
hazelbrew

Re: cranberry tc TURBO CHALLENGE

Post by hazelbrew » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:56 pm

You have used 90g per gallon? That is 20g per litre priming sugar, which is way over the top.

Is this conditioning in glass or plastic? I would try and release pressure. 4 grama per litre per atmosphere. So you have primed to give 5 atmosphere pressure. That is champagne level... Hope the bottles hold.

Pinto
Falling off the Barstool

Post by Pinto » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:43 pm

hazelbrew wrote:You have used 90g per gallon? That is 20g per litre priming sugar, which is way over the top.

Is this conditioning in glass or plastic? I would try and release pressure. 4 grama per litre per atmosphere. So you have primed to give 5 atmosphere pressure. That is champagne level... Hope the bottles hold.
I've had some in Glass Newkey bottles that due to a priming error are currently under 9 volumes of pressure.... they're certainly "interesting" to open,even if chilled to freezing point :lol:
Primary 1: Nonthing
Primary 2 : Nothing
Primary 3 : None
Secondary 1 : Empty
Secondary 1 : None
DJ(1) : Nowt
DJ(2) : N'otin....
In the Keg : Nada
Conditioning : Nowt
In the bottle : Cinnamonator TC, Apple Boost Cider, Apple & Strawberry Cider
Planning : AG #5 - Galaxy Pale (re-brew) / #6 - Alco-Brau (Special Brew Clone) / #7 Something belgian...
Projects : Mini-brew (12l brew length kit) nearly ready :D

Join the BrewChat - open minds and adults only ;) - Click here

peteturbo

Post by peteturbo » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:15 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.
They are in gallon DJs, so i know they can take a reasonable amount of pressure - say 2 bar. i reckon a pet bottle will explode at 5 bar. Champagne bottles i suppose go to about 3 bar.
Corneys should pressure releive at 100psi = 8 bar?
So, thanks, i agree, i am in big dangerland. the rubber corks aren't constrained, but ........
i reckon if i pressure relieve tomorrow night, then stopper, then most of the sugar will be gone and it should be ok. tbh, i will judge by the 'BOOM' tomorrow, when i release the cork. i want a carbonated cider.
P

hazelbrew

Post by hazelbrew » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:59 pm

peteturbo wrote:Thanks for the replies guys.
They are in gallon DJs, so i know they can take a reasonable amount of pressure - say 2 bar. i reckon a pet bottle will explode at 5 bar. Champagne bottles i suppose go to about 3 bar.
Corneys should pressure releive at 100psi = 8 bar?
So, thanks, i agree, i am in big dangerland. the rubber corks aren't constrained, but ........
i reckon if i pressure relieve tomorrow night, then stopper, then most of the sugar will be gone and it should be ok. tbh, i will judge by the 'BOOM' tomorrow, when i release the cork. i want a carbonated cider.
P

in gallon demi johns? if they just have rubber bungs they should blow the bungs out well before the glass goes. I thought you meant you had this lot bottled at that potential pressure. DJ should be fine. worst that happens is a loud bang and cider foaming out of the dj...

champagne is at 5-6 bar. it is normal bitter/ale beer bottles that will take lower pressure.

peteturbo

Post by peteturbo » Mon May 02, 2016 8:58 pm

The taste test!!!

Oh god it was rank. Shattering acidity but with a cloying sweetness lingering foully in the background. A certain fruit taste, but more sucking a rotten apple than anything remotely pleasant.
Over it all, a harsh nasty bitterness.
I believe i might finally have brewed something i cant actually drink.

Thanks for all the replies and help. oldblokes recipe next!

Peteturbo

peteturbo

Post by peteturbo » Wed May 18, 2016 6:05 pm

Good News. Two weeks later it tastes much better, just about drinkable.
Bad News. The above comment might have been unduly influenced by several pints of other beer.

The second dj has now blown its rubber stopper out twice. drinking ok. it will get drunk.

Its flipping alcoholic.

Anyone who says this tc is anything other than what it clearly is, is delusional.

Peteturbo