Cassoulet

Fed up with just drinking your homebrew? Post here if you want to talk about using beer in food recipes! Or if you just want to share something about food.
Reg
I do it all with smoke and mirrors

Cassoulet

Post by Reg » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:58 pm

Made a lovely one tonight with chicken, smoked bacon, cannellini beans and a rather nice red wine.

Yum!

sagwalla

Post by sagwalla » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:20 am

An interesting cassoulet recipe, Reg. Mine is very different, and doesn't count as 'cooking with alcoholic beverages' except as aids the chef to pass the three hours it stews in the oven.

Leg of lamb, pork shoulder, duck or goose confit with fat, toulouse sausages, pancetta, haricot beans are the main ingredients.

Yours sounds loverly. Like a coq au vin with beans. We're doing a Jamie Oliver to our chicken this weekend - roast with potatoes and chorizo. Tomorrow is boeuf bourgoignonne. Now that's cooking with alcohol!

Reg
I do it all with smoke and mirrors

Post by Reg » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:19 pm

Well it's more of a poor man's I guess Sag but keeps the richness of taste whilst losing the fat added, by Duck, (and I think Goose fat I've seen in one recipe). I make most thing up as I go along... ;)

I'm gald to find another chorizo man! It goes with almost everything!!! :D I've not tried it with spuds yet. Have to give that a go...