DITCH STOUT BREAD

Fed up with just drinking your homebrew? Post here if you want to talk about using beer in food recipes! Or if you just want to share something about food.
seymour
It's definitely Lock In Time

DITCH STOUT BREAD

Post by seymour » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:39 pm

DITCH STOUT BREAD

Ingredients:
3 cups, FLOUR, include some whole-wheat if you got it
3 teaspoons, BAKING POWDER
1 teaspoon, SALT, kosher or sea salt if you got it
1 pint, DITCH STOUT
½ cup, OATS, pin head, Scotch, flaked, rolled, instant, whatever
¼ cup, ORGANIC RAW CANE SUGAR, same type used in Ditch Stout recipe
½ cup, BUTTER, melted
1 EGG, separated

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375°F (177°C).

Begin by preparing breakfast like Ditch. Pull a pint of Ditch Stout. In a small saucepan, over low heat, mix oats and about 1/3 of your glass. Stir periodically until well-blended and gummy. Set Ditch Stout Porridge aside.

Meanwhile, mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar. Separate the egg, set the egg white aside. Stir the egg yolk, melted butter and the remaining Ditch Stout into your dry ingredients. Now stir-in your Ditch Stout Porridge. Some lumps are fine. Remember, Ditch doesn't obsess.

Grease a loaf pan and pour-in the contents. If you don't have one, grease a baking sheet and drop several scone-like lumps. Brush your egg white on top and sprinkle a few pinches of dry oats onto this glaze.

Bake 1 hour or until golden brown and toothpick comes out without stickiness. Remove and cool at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, refill your pint glass to drink while waiting (8 times is authentic.)

Tips:
Sift or spoon the flour rather than packing, to avoid baking bricks. Stir-in some of your leftover Coopers yeast cake too if you haven't already dumped it.

crafty john

Re: DITCH STOUT BREAD

Post by crafty john » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:44 pm

Sounds awesome seymour, although I bet Ditch wouldn't want to spare any of his stout to make bread :D

Pinto
Falling off the Barstool

Post by Pinto » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:04 pm

crafty john wrote:Sounds awesome seymour, although I bet Ditch wouldn't want to spare any of his stout to make bread :D
I disagree :) Im sure our irish guru would appreciate another way in which he can administer his homebrew into his body at the same time as drinking it :lol:

One thing worries me tho - knowing well the effect of a quantity of fine stout on the...ahem...digestive tract - what will be the effect of the unholy duo of Ditch's Stout AND quantities of fibre ???? :shock:
Primary 1: Nonthing
Primary 2 : Nothing
Primary 3 : None
Secondary 1 : Empty
Secondary 1 : None
DJ(1) : Nowt
DJ(2) : N'otin....
In the Keg : Nada
Conditioning : Nowt
In the bottle : Cinnamonator TC, Apple Boost Cider, Apple & Strawberry Cider
Planning : AG #5 - Galaxy Pale (re-brew) / #6 - Alco-Brau (Special Brew Clone) / #7 Something belgian...
Projects : Mini-brew (12l brew length kit) nearly ready :D

Join the BrewChat - open minds and adults only ;) - Click here

timbo41
Under the Table
Location: nr two big USAFE bases. youll HAVE TO SHOUT! brandon suffolk

Post by timbo41 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:16 pm

=D> =D>
Just like trying new ideas!

seymour

Post by seymour » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Ha, true! Of course, Ditch Stout is essentially liquid bread to begin with, right? I just thickened it up a tad.

seymour

Post by seymour » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:17 pm

crafty john wrote:Sounds awesome seymour, although I bet Ditch wouldn't want to spare any of his stout to make bread :D
Well, Craftyjohn, you were right. From another thread:
Ditch wrote: Look, hang about you guys...Stout recipes? As in cooking with the shit? Man; I've Never so much as opened that board. When eating something is one of the few, precious moments of my day when I'm Not putting beer in my mouth. Why in gods name would I want beer in my solids too? :shock:

seymour

Post by seymour » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:11 am

Okay, fair enough, no Ditch Stout to be used for cooking. I used some Civil Life Rye Pale Ale instead. Delicious beer into delicious bread.

The whole family dug-in while it was warm, it's nearly gone already:

BerLov

Post by BerLov » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:37 pm

Thanks it's really a great tip.
Will definitely use in the future,visit this page https://www.cubancigarsbest.com/index.p ... igars.html