SEYMOUR WEISSBIER BANANA BREAD

Fed up with just drinking your homebrew? Post here if you want to talk about using beer in food recipes! Or if you just want to share something about food.
seymour
It's definitely Lock In Time

SEYMOUR WEISSBIER BANANA BREAD

Post by seymour » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:07 pm

SEYMOUR WEISSBIER BANANA BREAD (or muffins)

You know how it goes, you buy a bunch of green bananas, they turn yellow and some get eaten in their prime, but a couple go brown before you eat 'em all. Just stick 'em in the freezer until you have enough to make this delicious banana bread recipe.

3 or 4, mashed overripe bananas
2 cups, whole wheat flour
1 cup, brown cane sugar
2 eggs
½ cup, Weissbier (can substitute any wheat beer, blonde ale, or lager)
½ cup, butter, softened and chunked
¼ cup, almonds, sliced or chopped
2 Tablespoons, yogurt (plain or vanilla)
1 ½ teaspoon, baking soda
½ teaspoon, salt
½ teaspoon, cinnamon
dash, real vanilla

Preheat oven to 325°F/163°C. Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, then bananas, yogurt, vanilla, Weissbier. In a separate bowl: sift flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and almonds. Combine it all together, only stirring enough to moisten throughout. Grease and dust flour in a medium loaf pan, pour in contents and bake 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Works just as well in a muffin tray. Remove from oven and pan to cool slightly. Slice and serve with butter while still warm.

seymour
It's definitely Lock In Time

Re: SEYMOUR WEISSBIER BANANA BREAD

Post by seymour » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:05 am

Yesterday I was drinking Civil Life German Wheat, which has tons of that banana ester I love, so I thought I'd whip up a batch of banana bread with the remainder. It turned-out great!

+

=

jmc
Even further under the Table

Re: SEYMOUR WEISSBIER BANANA BREAD

Post by jmc » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:25 am

Great idea Seymour.

While were on the subject can you recommend the best yeast and recipe for an uber banana wheat beer.
I much prefer the banana end of the clove-banana spectrum so I'd appreciate your advice.
Cheers John