Beer and mustard loaf (for breadmaker machines)

Fed up with just drinking your homebrew? Post here if you want to talk about using beer in food recipes! Or if you just want to share something about food.
wibble5

Beer and mustard loaf (for breadmaker machines)

Post by wibble5 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:25 am

Tried this the other day, and it's really nice... (doesn't use too much beer either 8) )

If you don't have a breadmaker... er, ask your gran how to mix it all together properly!

3/4 cup (generous) of flat ale (I used Burton Bridge Summer Ale)
1 tbsp veg oil (but sunflower works fine too)
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
2 3/4 cup strong white bread flour
1 1/4 cup strong wholemeal bread flour
1 tbsp skimmed milk powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp dried bread yeast

Put ale, oil and mustard in the breadmaker pan, followed by the flours. Sprinkle over the milk powder, and then put salt and sugar in opposite corners of the pan.

Make a well with your finger in the flour, but not down as far as the liquid below, and put the yeast in it.

Set breadmaker to basic setting, medium crust, and sit back and relax (with a beer)!

Best enjoyed with some cheese, pickle and, of course, some more beer! :D

Mr blue
Piss Artist

Post by Mr blue » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:13 pm

think i'm going to give this a try :D
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." ~ Dave Barry

Vossy1

Post by Vossy1 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:51 pm

This bread sounds very nice 8)

Bryggmester

Post by Bryggmester » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:57 pm

I have experimented with TC and have come up with the following recipe.

1 tsp dried yeast

200 gm white bread flour
180 gm granary flour
100gm rye flour
20 gm porridge oats
30 gm sunflower seeds
1tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
2tbs milk powder
30 gm olive oil
a good heaped dessertspoon of Branston pickle

and, last but not least, 350ml TC.

These ingredients should be added according to your type of breadmakers instructions. You can also add a good pinch of caraway and cumin seeds if you like yhe taste of these.

Very good with cheese!

toplad

Post by toplad » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:37 pm

THINK ILL TRY THIS AT THE WEEK END
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

carpet

Post by carpet » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:37 pm

I've just got my bread maker up and running, so much easier than doing it by hand.

This looks amazing, I've got a recipe for chocolate bread as well, so with this i'll have the perfect 'his and hers' loaves!

Martin the fish

Post by Martin the fish » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:04 am

Beer and Mustard loaf recipe looks a good un. If i put any of my TC near my breadmaker it would run a mile. Or instantly explode.

jon_funk

Re: Beer and mustard loaf (for breadmaker machines)

Post by jon_funk » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:01 pm

Thank you for this recipe, I've just put another loaf on as it went down very very well last week. A great way to use up old beer / barrell dregs!

Also - You can use leftover yeast slurry from fermentation in place of dried yeast in your bread; I am yet to try it with this recipe however.

Many thanks again to the OP