HOMEBREW SUPPLIERS

A pre-moderated forum for linking to affiliated brewing organisations and sites of special interest.
leedsbrew

Re: HOMEBREW SUPPLIERS

Post by leedsbrew » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:15 am

Awesome news!

leedsbrew

Post by leedsbrew » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:29 am

Had a quick look! Looks good! A good range of products at competitive prices.

I think the only criticism I would make would be that there shipping prices are not as competitive as say The Malt Miller or Worcester Hop Shop

LLB

crookedeyeboy

Post by crookedeyeboy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:31 am

Many thanks for your invaluable feedback, we shall take it on board. Please feel free to email us with any more suggestions.

Paul

leedsbrew

Post by leedsbrew » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:52 am

Water Analysis! FANTASTIC! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I'm pretty sure for £15 people will be bitting your hand off! :D With the launch special offer as well I know I'm going to be sending off a bottle! :D

seanipops

Post by seanipops » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:58 pm

Hi There

I'd like to give a quick shout to http://www.easyhomebrew.co.uk but must declare an interest as I've started working there. :=P

I met Matt and Nicky at the shoot for the bit of the Oz & Hugh programme about homebrewers. Matt and Nicky are been keen home winemakers and liked it so much they bought the business when the opportunity came up last year.

We've tried to do things a bit differently in the shop and we started off before Christmas with a couple of kit brewing demonstrations. These have proven popular so we are in the process of putting together a calendar of events for 2011. I very much hope these will include some all grain demonstrations as I believe that, once kit brewers see how easy it is, they'll make the leap.

The Shop has a blog, is on Twitter and has a Facebook page. The hops and grains are currently a bit limited but we hope to be putting that right sooner rather than later. I must admit that I love working there, it is a bit of a dream come true, but I don't think I'll be packing up the day job any time soon.

As with any customer feedback we'd appreciate what you all think. The business is very much a work in progress and it's hard to look at it from a customer's and an owner's viewpoint at the same time. By all means PM or contact us through the website if you feel that is more appropriate.

fearona

Post by fearona » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:16 am

@ easyhomebrew.co.uk
Wherry is expensive at £19.99.
Wilkinsons still do it for £15.74
Thrifty do it for £16.13

seanipops

Post by seanipops » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:13 pm

We're not about to compete with Wilko's on Wherry. :)

fearona

Post by fearona » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:10 pm

Ok what about competing with thriftyshopper then.
£16.13 Wherry @Thrifty
£19.99 Wherry @ easyhomebrew.
Difference is £3.86 per item.
So if i bought 6 wherry kits from thrifty total is £96.78
5 Wherry kits from easyhomebrew total is £99.99
Simple answer is I can get 6 wherry kits from thrifty for £3.21 cheaper than I can buy only 5 from easyhomebrew.
Not rocket science and in these times every saving helps.

seanipops

Post by seanipops » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:36 am

I'm not particularly keen on getting drawn into discussions about price. You'll not find a single supplier who is cheapest on everything, that would be commercial suicide. We're seeking to add value by having a shop, blog and website. We do demonstrations in store and plan recipes and how-to's on the blog. I'd be surprised if anyone wanted to buy five or six Wherry kits at the same time but, clearly, if you want to do that there is a place for you.

fearona

Post by fearona » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:28 pm

With the price increases in wheat etc bulk buying is the way.
I buy along with my brother so it makes sense.
I am sure others live near each other who homebrew and also buy together to save on prices/del etc.
Might put a few more comparisons up later, so as not to use just wherry.
Not a witch hunt just giving feedback as requested.

seanipops

Post by seanipops » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:31 pm

Appreciate the feedback, and agree about bulk buying. When I used to brew kits I used to bulk buy with fellow brewers to save on carriage. Obviously it's a bit different now I'm involved in the shop.

fearona

Post by fearona » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:09 pm

Quick look at prices I find expensive
Wherry £22.85 Thrifty £16.13 Creativewinemaking £17.99
St peters IPA £23.15 Thrifty £18.44 Creativewinemaking £19.99
Muntons Midas touch £26.35Thrifty £22.56 Creativewinemaking £22.99

On these 3 popular items the total are
Brewstore £72.35
Thriftyshopper £57.13
Creative wine making £60.97

Big difference.
I actually bought double this amount from thrifty last wekk fo my Brother and myself.
Good savings if you shop around.
Thrifty was £30 cheaper on my order than if I had bought from brewstore.

Monkeybrew
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Post by Monkeybrew » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:30 pm

I stumbled across this site while googling some yeast - http://www.brewsmarter.co.uk/index.asp

I placed an order yesterday (Bank Holiday Monday) and it has been despatched today, cant ask for more than that.

I will update this post when my order arrives.

Much better than a certain site that has robbed me..................Trading Standards here we come :evil:
FV:

Conditioning:
AG#41 - Vienna Lager - 5.6%
AG#42 - Heritage Double Ale - 10.5%

On Tap:
AG#44 - Harvest ESB - 5.4%
AG#45 - Amarillo Gold APA - 5.2%

Trunky

:)

Post by Trunky » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:43 pm

:)
Last edited by Trunky on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fearona

Post by fearona » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:19 pm