Brewers' Guardian

A pre-moderated forum for linking to affiliated brewing organisations and sites of special interest.
tubthumper

Brewers' Guardian

Post by tubthumper » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:27 am

I found this site and was wondering if any of the books on this page are worth the money as they seem very expensive
http://www.brewersguardian.com/industry ... alogue.htm

Eadweard
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Re: Brewers' Guardian

Post by Eadweard » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:53 pm

I'm familiar with a few of them and they are good. Brewing - by Lewis & Young was recommended as the standard text book on the Heriot-Watt brewing course for example.

What sort of book are you after?

tubthumper

Post by tubthumper » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:30 pm

I am just trying to expand my collection as most of my books are american in origin and they seem to be using liquid malt in all the recipies , makes me think they dont know or want to use all mash .
so any that are uk specifc and if they mention a liquid malt at least it will be one that is availible in the UK
I have the 2 UK books by graham from camra but all the rest are USA origin and it is pretty annoying when trying to use a recipie and finding I cant get a tin of malt with that name on it from UK

Eadweard
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Eadweard » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:10 pm

A Guide to Craft Brewing is written by the Scottish homebrewer John Alexander. Most of the books you linked to seem more for the professional.

Long-Haired_brewer

Post by Long-Haired_brewer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:20 pm

Depends how technical you want the books..

If you want english authored books on a less technical side of things there are the two gems by Dave Line they are a bit out of date but still very informative...
And on setting up a brewery etc there is The Microbrewers' Handbook by Ted Bruning.