Anyone in the North East need Gas? Try Cormetons

A pre-moderated forum for linking to affiliated brewing organisations and sites of special interest.
will_raymo2000

Anyone in the North East need Gas? Try Cormetons

Post by will_raymo2000 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:13 pm

Hello all,

I have no connections with this company but have, as many others probably have, spent long hours trying to find someone to fill a pub CO2 cylinder. I eventually found Cormetons in Seaton Delaval which supply all sorts of gases it seems. From fire extinguishers to scuba tanks.

They charged me £15 to fill a hip height CO2 cylinder and it was going to be £30 to do a full hydraulic test but luckily mine still had 4 years of test left on it.

If anyone needs a refill or a cylinder then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them, 0191 237 0790. Now just need to get brewing to be able to fill my cornys and use my newly acquired CO2!

BrewSage1985

Re: Anyone in the North East need Gas? Try Cormetons

Post by BrewSage1985 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:42 am

Do they also sell CO2 cylinders aswell? What sizes do they sell?

GrowlingDogBeer
Even further under the Table

Post by GrowlingDogBeer » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:09 pm

As the OP says they do refills and cylinders I would think the answer to your first question would be yes.

The OP has also kindly included their phone number enabling you to give them a call and ask what sizes they do and what the prices are.

Welcome to the forum by the way :beer:

If they can't help there is a thread here devoted to gas suppliers.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=577&hilit=gas+suppliers

BrewSage1985

Post by BrewSage1985 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:22 am

Yeah got a bit excited when I saw 'North East' and 'gas' haha, I bit tricky getting gas up here. Just skimmed over the post and missed the bottom #-o . Already a member of The Homebrew Forum, registered just to post on this thread :oops: , no harm in being registered to both I suppose.

alix101
Under the Table

Post by alix101 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:11 pm

just for reference I got a pub cylinder from euro keg on team vally no rental just £8 deposit and I think the gas was £13 I was in and out in 2 minuets when it runs out, I take it, back for a £13 re fill.
"Everybody should belive in something : and I belive I'll have another drink".

Blasphemous

Post by Blasphemous » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:40 am

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm thinking of getting a corny and being as I'm a Whitley Bay lad (Seaton Delaval is just along the road), this came up in my search for a CO2 Cylinder. Can I ask a question, what size CO2 cylinder do I need to start out with? I'm thinking I'd probably buy a fridge at some point too to put both a corny and a CO2 cylinder in... actually, 'two' questions then! Fridge or Freezer? Oh and does anyone know if they still sell cylinders at Cormeton? Sorry! That was three questions.

Thanks in advance of any advice.