Hillbilly brewing website

A pre-moderated forum for linking to affiliated brewing organisations and sites of special interest.
Horden Hillbilly

Hillbilly brewing website

Post by Horden Hillbilly » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:26 pm

Hi everyone,

After being prompted by my eldest son I have made a website about my brewing experiences, it can be found here.

http://uk-homebrew.tripod.com/

It covers all grain brewing and kit brewing for lager and wine, with a simple but detailed description and photos of my brewing process.

ColinKeb

Post by ColinKeb » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:53 pm

ace site hillybilly , i will have a better look at work tomorow

Vossy1

Post by Vossy1 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:57 pm

I bet that lot took some time to set up :wink:

Nice work HH 8)

roger the dog

Post by roger the dog » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:08 pm

You've obviously put a lot of work into that HH, it looks great & very comprehensive =D>

oblivious

Post by oblivious » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:39 pm

Very nice site HH, there is a lot of good info on it. I wish my wife was as much into home brewing

They only thing is that guy on the front, I hope you haven’t been picking up vagrants and filling them with homebrew! :wall :whistle: :wink:
Last edited by oblivious on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bigster

Post by Bigster » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:08 pm

Good work HH =D>
You need to drink more ale though - no sign of a HH Beer belly :P

Vossy1

Post by Vossy1 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:31 am

I thought HH looked like Jim Davidson.....or the guy of Aufwiedersehn Pet :lol:

Spelling sh**e as always when inebriated :lol:

Queeg 500

Post by Queeg 500 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:57 pm

or the guy of Aufwiedersehn Pet
Totally agree Vossy, Definatly looks like moxey :lol:
Good Site =D>

delboy

Post by delboy » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:28 pm

Nice site HH, i like the stuff about making wine, im thinking of getting SWMBO one of the wine kits from H&G thats come with the carboy etc (selection range i think it is), seems like good value.
Are they any good compared to commercial wine?

Horden Hillbilly

Post by Horden Hillbilly » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:02 pm

delboy wrote:Nice site HH, i like the stuff about making wine, im thinking of getting SWMBO one of the wine kits from H&G thats come with the carboy etc (selection range i think it is), seems like good value.
Are they any good compared to commercial wine?
My sister and her husband both know far more about wine than I do, I gave them a sample of Selection Cabernet/Shiraz and they both said that you would have to pay around £15 per bottle in the shops if you wanted a similiar quality wine.
Vossy1 wrote:I thought HH looked like Jim Davidson.....or the guy of Aufwiedersehn Pet
Queeg 500 wrote:Totally agree Vossy, Definatly looks like moxey
First time I have been called that, it is usually Leo Sayer, Brian May, (Before my haircut), Jeremy Clarkson or Tom Jones! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the positive comments about my website, it makes it all worthwhile for me.
Last edited by Horden Hillbilly on Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doingatun
Piss Artist

Post by Doingatun » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:43 pm

Excellent Site HH, where’s the last hour gone – you’ve convinced me to buy better quality wine kits bottle and mature longer, might even label. I’ve been buying cheaper kits putting in poly pins maturing 2 months and supping.

BTW I agree - Moxey :lol:

Cheers

Bigster

Post by Bigster » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:57 pm

Those wine bottles look the business with the shrink caps and labels.

I normally make my wine from scratch but have tried a few beaverdales - are the kits you use the next step up from those in quality and how much do you pay for 30 bottles.

Yours inquisitively

iowalad
Under the Table

Post by iowalad » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:21 pm

Impressive site!

prodigal2

Post by prodigal2 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:16 pm

What a great site 8)

No wonder you have been quite for a while it must of taken ages to bring all of that info together, what a great resource and a fine compliment to DaaBs site.

ColinKeb

Post by ColinKeb » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:27 pm

im really tempted to have a go at wine now , i dont really drink it much but ti would be nice to have a few bottles around the house for others :)