Rob Walker: Head Brewer at Weatheroak Hill Brewery!

A pre-moderated forum for linking to affiliated brewing organisations and sites of special interest.
ONBP

Rob Walker: Head Brewer at Weatheroak Hill Brewery!

Post by ONBP » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:13 pm

Interview with Rob Walker, Head Brewer at Weatheroak Hill Brewery on creativity in beer design, the transition from home brewing to commercial brewing and the correlation between beer design and drum and bass music.

http://www.ournanobreweryproject.com/rob-walker/

Good Ed
Steady Drinker

Re: Rob Walker: Head Brewer at Weatheroak Hill Brewery!

Post by Good Ed » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:34 pm

Rob's a member on TBF and was on the other place before, top bloke and now living his dream. I keep promising him I'll drop in one of the days.

Dennis King
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Post by Dennis King » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:37 pm

Good Ed wrote:Rob's a member on TBF and was on the other place before, top bloke and now living his dream. I keep promising him I'll drop in one of the days.
And we hope he will bring some of his wares to the homebrew festival this year.

LarryF

Post by LarryF » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:13 pm

Great interview, it's interesting how the basics seem to crop up at all levels of brewing, "Hygiene. It’s quite easy to throw the word around, but I’m talking real hygiene procedures set in stone and never deviated from" and "They’re fairly simple traditional recipe" I think this methodical and considered approach to brewing really pays dividends in consistency and quality. However, not having any plans to start a microbrewery at the moment the bit that caught my eye was, pitching a 32c starter into 26c wort, sounds like great way of really kicking off the fermentation process, depending on the yeast but with most of the top fermenting yeasts these temps should be alright I'm guessing. I might have a crack at this Monday coming with a Simply Stout, being a stout I'll have the blow off tube fitted as standard.