25kg sacks crushed malt

Get advice on making beer from raw ingredients (malt, hops, water and yeast)
therebelmc

25kg sacks crushed malt

Post by therebelmc » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:40 pm

Hi Brewers, I am back after a spell of inactivity. Who is paying what and from where for a 25kg sack of crushed malt. Anyone know where I could source it in Norfolk

Wonkydonkey
Drunk as a Skunk

Re: 25kg sacks crushed malt

Post by Wonkydonkey » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:59 pm

Most peeps buy from a few suppliers, but that depends on where you are and what you want and who's got it, at the time you want it. Most times I try to wait till someone's got a sale/speciel offer on and have all the things I want. So I only pay postage once

That said, the malt miller, brewuk, copper kettle and a few others.
Cheers :beer:
WD
To Busy To Add,

Sadfield
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Sadfield » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:15 pm

A short drive over the border to Staffordshire Brewery for c£16 a sack of Muntons MO or MO Blend. I think they offer delivery, but don't know the rates.

scuppeteer
Under the Table
Location: Brenchley, Kent (Birthplace of Fuggles... or is it?)

Post by scuppeteer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:50 pm

Muntons have various retailers in Norfolk, look on their website. Or you could probably collect from Stowmarket.
Dave Berry

Can't be arsed to keep changing this bit, so, drinking some beer and wanting to brew many more!

Sir, you are drunk! Yes madam, and you are ugly, but in the morning I shall be sober! - WSC

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:35 am

therebelmc wrote:Hi Brewers, I am back after a spell of inactivity. Who is paying what and from where for a 25kg sack of crushed malt. Anyone know where I could source it in Norfolk
By joining the Norwich Brew Club, you could get a sack for less than £20 but I see your location is Derby so not sure how that would work. Why Norfolk?
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

alexlark
Under the Table

Post by alexlark » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:08 pm

Worcester Hop Shop have everything I need. Excellent communication too and always dispatched on time.

beersoulman

Post by beersoulman » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:31 pm

I started buying 25kg sacks of crushed malt 28 years ago and guess how much they were.... yep! 25 quid !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

therebelmc

Post by therebelmc » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:26 am

Reason I mentioned Norfolk was as an alternative, I have a holiday home there and thought that as it was a local produce , there might be an outlet

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:06 am

therebelmc wrote:Reason I mentioned Norfolk was as an alternative, I have a holiday home there and thought that as it was a local produce , there might be an outlet
You could email The Real Ale Shop in Branthill. They grow Barley for brewing and I once got mine from them. They may still sell it direct.
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer