My first AG :)

Get advice on making beer from raw ingredients (malt, hops, water and yeast)
Will.1973

My first AG :)

Post by Will.1973 » Sat May 06, 2017 5:49 pm

So today i made my first AG in a Grainfather i did it manually as suggested by a member of the group and im glad i did as made some changes last minute and glad i did. I dont know if i have made a disaster of a beer but i wanted what i wanted in it as a fan of both witbier (Hoegaarden) and a nice ale i blended both and went with it. I have ended up with a caramel coloured witbier using caramalt into the recipe. I tasted it while checking SG (1051) and tastes like Hoegaarden with a touch of Horlicks in it :) pitched a WB-06 yeast in it and now will leave it to sit as away to Amsterdam for a week on Monday. Will follow up with how things are going when i can. Cheers guys like a pig in the proverbial at moment very happy :)

mozza
Under the Table

Re: My first AG :)

Post by mozza » Sat May 06, 2017 7:12 pm

Will.1973 wrote:So today i made my first AG in a Grainfather i did it manually as suggested by a member of the group and im glad i did as made some changes last minute and glad i did. I dont know if i have made a disaster of a beer but i wanted what i wanted in it as a fan of both witbier (Hoegaarden) and a nice ale i blended both and went with it. I have ended up with a caramel coloured witbier using caramalt into the recipe. I tasted it while checking SG (1051) and tastes like Hoegaarden with a touch of Horlicks in it :) pitched a WB-06 yeast in it and now will leave it to sit as away to Amsterdam for a week on Monday. Will follow up with how things are going when i can. Cheers guys like a pig in the proverbial at moment very happy :)
Congrats on your first all grain, no going back now especially with that piece of kit. My misses would kill me if I invested in one of those!

The recipe sounds really interesting, you'll have to put some pictures up of the finished product
Cheers and gone,

Mozza

Will.1973

Post by Will.1973 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:38 pm

Cheers took a few pics of the process but the finished product is what will count just waiting game now :)

gnorwebthgimi

Post by gnorwebthgimi » Sun May 07, 2017 7:58 pm

Good luck! hope you enjoy Amsterdam too.

Will.1973

Post by Will.1973 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:46 pm

gnorwebthgimi wrote:Good luck! hope you enjoy Amsterdam too.
Cheers looking forward to hitting De Wildeman great little bar with a huge world menu of beers :)

gnorwebthgimi

Post by gnorwebthgimi » Tue May 23, 2017 3:06 pm

So how is this coming along?