Yeast Advice

Get advice on making beer from raw ingredients (malt, hops, water and yeast)
Wonkydonkey
Drunk as a Skunk

Re: Yeast Advice

Post by Wonkydonkey » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:40 pm

Ahh, the good old thread of,, the op does not bother to give all the info that would help get the right answer he needs. and peeps some how argue what's right an wrong.. This his homebrew there's ways and different ways. Which get you to the same place. The next thing we know the op comes back and says......cheers or ? never repies......

Edit: I just been reading the op posts/threads, lives in Wales likes cornies, replies to cornie thread but not much else...made a nice stout.....so I guess op makes 5 us gallons or there abouts :roll:
To Busy To Add,

monkeymullins
Steady Drinker

Post by monkeymullins » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Wow wonkydonkey chill out bro, sort your life out, doesn't all end at a forum on the internet fella. RDWHAB I'm glad my previous posts have entertained your sad lonely little life though well done to you sir. This one is for you to...

CHEERS for the replies guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HTH1975
Piss Artist

Post by HTH1975 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:18 pm

McMullan wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:59 am
HTH1975 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:16 pm
I'd pitch a couple of litres of wort into your yeast for an hour or two before pitching into your main brew - just gets the yeast working.
How does that get yeast that don't exist working?
Not sure I understand your response. I said to mix wort and yeast, therefore the yeast does exist.

McMullan

Post by McMullan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:08 pm

HTH1975 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:18 pm
McMullan wrote:
HTH1975 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:16 pm
I'd pitch a couple of litres of wort into your yeast for an hour or two before pitching into your main brew - just gets the yeast working.
Not sure I understand your response. I said to mix wort and yeast, therefore the yeast does exist.
Looked to me like the OP was going to under-pitch quite significantly. An hour or two in wort before pitching is unlikely to promote much, if any, growth. It has the benefit of promoting a desirable yeast physiology, prepping them to ferment. That's all.

HTH1975
Piss Artist

Post by HTH1975 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:24 pm

McMullan wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:08 pm
HTH1975 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:18 pm
McMullan wrote:

Looked to me like the OP was going to under-pitch quite significantly. An hour or two in wort before pitching is unlikely to promote much, if any, growth. It has the benefit of promoting a desirable yeast physiology, prepping them to ferment. That's all.
I’m aware of this. Was of the understanding that it had been established that the OP needed more viable yeast for the gravity of wort he was planning to ferment.

In the absence of a starter, adding some wort to the yeast gets it going a little.