The National Craft Brewing Festival 2008

Members' meetings, Beer Festivals and the like - bung it on here. Old topics will be pruned after 3 months.
tonybrown

Post by tonybrown » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:22 pm

I'll be there too. Also staying at the Aston Court Hotel and planning to join in the pub crawl on Friday evening and the talk on Saturday morning. Travelling up by train on Friday afternoon and returning on Saturday afternoon (maybe not such a good idea on reflection but the train tickets are booked).

I'm new to JHBF. Living and brewing in South London and a member of the newly(ish) formed CBA group 'London Amateur Brewers'.

Bottled my fourth full-mash beer--'Streatham Vapour Brown Ale'--which I will be entering in the competition (based on my attempt to follow a CBA recipe); more for feedback from the judges than a serious attempt at winning!

Looking forward to meeting some fellow brewers.

Cheers!

scarer

Post by scarer » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:04 am

Great Tony, it's going to be a bit weird because I imagine a lot of the residents will be going to the festival and be members of this forum but.........

which ones? 8-[

I will probably be the odd girl in reception smiling at everyone like a lunatic :lol:

Maybe see you there, it's a good move joining a local brewing club by the way, great for tips and honest appraisals of your brews plus the meetings are good fun.

Oh and welcome to the forum 8)

prolix

Post by prolix » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:21 pm

I would be there as I am heading back home on friday but my family told me I was not allowed to miss my mum's 70th for a pub crawl!

Enjoy the event and remember to take piccies and post them here unless they are unacceptable for an open forum :oops:

eskimobob

Post by eskimobob » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:26 pm

tonybrown wrote:more for feedback from the judges than a serious attempt at winning!
That's my plan too. I bottled some from a cornie the other week and it has been in the fridge since. Worryingly I had a pint from the keg last night and didn't like it much - definitely a different taste (which could be because it must be about the last pint in the cornie) but I'm wondering whether the stuff I bottled will taste like it too now :evil:

Is everyone planning on wearing their JHBF T-Shirts then?

bandit

Post by bandit » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:25 pm

I've had a cornie in the fridge for a week. I have just bottled it and its CLOUDY. Fuuuk. Never mind I will try and drink another 5 pints every night before friday and see if the top part of the cornie is clear. Here goes pint 3 tonight :lol:

bandit

Post by bandit » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:35 am

Watch out for the Bandit in the hooded top. :evil:

See you in the bar, pint number five is clearing nicely :twisted:

woooahhh haahhaahhaaaaaa !!!!!!

David Edge

Post by David Edge » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:53 pm

I understand there are about 120 entried. Any more need to be advised by 1200 Wed, but can be delivered and paid for Fri pm or at a pinch Saturday 0900-1000.

d.

BlightyBrewer

Post by BlightyBrewer » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:08 pm

Hope everyone has a great time. I'm looking forward to the pics!

SiHoltye

Post by SiHoltye » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:07 pm

Keg pressures checked, kegs labelled appropriately, taps cleaned and ready for action. Maps printed though car not yet fuelled and sarnies for journey not yet made, is it time to leave now? :pink:

prodigal2

Post by prodigal2 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:57 pm

DaaB wrote:Good luck to everyone :D
Fingers crossed for all the JBK entrants 8)

Bigster

Post by Bigster » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:22 pm

Good luck to you all - a great time guaranteed.
:D

bandit

Post by bandit » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:27 am

Come oooooooooooooooonnnnnnn!!!!!!!!

less than 24 hours to go....I promise to be sober this time tomorrow :twisted:

GTOrichie

Post by GTOrichie » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:36 am

bandit wrote:I promise to be sober this time tomorrow :twisted:
Lies! [-X

Vossy1

Post by Vossy1 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:38 am

Have a great time everyone 8)

J_P

Post by J_P » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:15 am

Have a blast folks, remember the "prizewinning recipe" sticky if your brew should be good enough to win 8)