Bolton Beer Festival

Members' meetings, Beer Festivals and the like - bung it on here. Old topics will be pruned after 3 months.
barney

Re: Bolton Beer Festival

Post by barney » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:54 pm

testtube wrote:
I don't know where you get the energy from Barnabus!
Neither do I mate sometimes, been a long day here. 10k run this morning before work, just back from the gym after an hour of weights and an hour of circuit training.

I dont know how I am so fat. :D

Now I think I will settle down to a few jars a kebab a curry and a chinese. :lol:

barney

Post by barney » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:11 pm

richc wrote:The family is away that weekend so I'll probably be there on Saturday....

look forward to meeting you Rich,

testtube
Hollow Legs

Post by testtube » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:16 pm

barney wrote:and a chinese. :lol:
So are their naughty bit's sideway's?

testtube
Hollow Legs

Post by testtube » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:36 pm

barney wrote:10k run this morning before work, just back from the gym after an hour of weights and an hour of circuit training.
Is this on Wii or Playstation?

barney

Post by barney » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:25 pm

LOL,

testtube
Hollow Legs

Post by testtube » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:53 pm

I really don't know where you get the energy.. Think it would kill me..

barney

Post by barney » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:21 am

Where is everyone at for this stunning event.:) I know of two groups so far, Thursday evening session and both sessions on Saturday. It would be nice to meet up.

http://www.beer-festival.co.uk/festival ... lable.html

A free pint for anyone who tries all 200 beers. :)

trucker5774
Falling off the Barstool

Post by trucker5774 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:10 am

I have been checking out hotels for Saturday night...........as usual with so many people, i'm still waiting for the manager to get back to me :twisted:

Just to add to the grief, I did my back in yesterday, so things are a little doubtful. Hope the next 24 hours will show an improvement :?
John

Drinking/Already drunk........ Trucker's Anti-Freeze (Turbo Cider), Truckers Delight, Night Trucker, Rose wine, Truckers Hitch, Truckers Revenge, Trucker's Lay-by, Trucker's Trailer, Flower Truck, Trucker's Gearshift, Trucker's Horn, Truck Crash, Fixby Gold!

Conditioning... Doing what? Get it down your neck! ........

FV 1............
FV 2............
FV 3............
Next Brews..... Trucker's Jack Knife

Scroogemonster

Post by Scroogemonster » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:05 am

I know a very good osteopath :D (got an appointgment myself on Thursday evening!)
Kev

trucker5774
Falling off the Barstool

Post by trucker5774 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:44 pm

Me and scroogemonster are booked into a hotel................... [-X .....stop those thoughts right now :lol:

It may be good to PM phone numbers so we don't miss each other (I no longer have a pony tail, so you may not recognise me with my handsome youthful new looks)
John

Drinking/Already drunk........ Trucker's Anti-Freeze (Turbo Cider), Truckers Delight, Night Trucker, Rose wine, Truckers Hitch, Truckers Revenge, Trucker's Lay-by, Trucker's Trailer, Flower Truck, Trucker's Gearshift, Trucker's Horn, Truck Crash, Fixby Gold!

FV 1............
FV 2............
FV 3............

greenxpaddy

Post by greenxpaddy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:43 pm

I'll be there with a few cronies. Be good to put faces to names. I'll call Barney when we get there on Saturday

pas8280
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze
Location: Hindley Green near Wigan but far enough away for it to count :)

Post by pas8280 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:16 pm

trucker5774 wrote:Me and scroogemonster are booked into a hotel................... [-X .....stop those thoughts right now :lol:

It may be good to PM phone numbers so we don't miss each other (I no longer have a pony tail, so you may not recognise me with my handsome youthful new looks)
Which hotel are you booked into mate ? The mercury at Westhoughton is decent
Nipped into the festival tent today absolutley awesome a bar full of hand pumps some 200 meters long and firkins stacked 3 high behind
I'm going with Barney Thursday night to get the best beers and will be wearing the festival tee shirt I blather :D
The Hollyhop Brewery 100 litre stainless

A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her - W.C. Fields

Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol - anon

barney

Post by barney » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:37 pm

trucker5774 wrote:
Have you dyed it as well then John?

Looking forward to seeing you and Kev again. :D

trucker5774
Falling off the Barstool

Post by trucker5774 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:04 pm

barney wrote:
trucker5774 wrote:
Have you dyed it as well then John?

Looking forward to seeing you and Kev again. :D
Dyed it grey :lol: :lol:
John

FV 1............
FV 2............
FV 3............

trucker5774
Falling off the Barstool

Post by trucker5774 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:05 pm

pas8280 wrote:
trucker5774 wrote:Me and scroogemonster are booked into a hotel................... [-X .....stop those thoughts right now :lol:

Which hotel are you booked into mate ? The mercury at Westhoughton is decent
Nipped into the festival tent today absolutley awesome a bar full of hand pumps some 200 meters long and firkins stacked 3 high behind
I'm going with Barney Thursday night to get the best beers and will be wearing the festival tee shirt I blather :D
Booked into the Tramway. It appears to have been done up and looks like walking distance :wink:
John

FV 1............
FV 2............
FV 3............