2012 National Homebrew Competiton

Members' meetings, Beer Festivals and the like - bung it on here. Old topics will be pruned after 3 months.
Aleman
It's definitely Lock In Time

2012 National Homebrew Competiton

Post by Aleman » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:35 pm

Stealing Ali's thunder here, but as already mentioned by Lancs Steve the 2012 UK National Homebrew Competition will be on 15 September 2012 in Bristol. . . Venue etc to be decided, further details will follow, we will try and keep all the fora notified on what is happening but, you can follow the details on the CBA Facebook Page or the National Competition Facebook Page

alikocho

Re: 2012 National Homebrew Competiton

Post by alikocho » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:37 pm

We're working on the venue, trying to have enough space to socialize as well as have the competition.

It would be great this year if we could get more regional drop-off points so that it doesn't all have to go in the mail. Any volunteers?

rimski

Post by rimski » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:37 pm

I've put my name as a drop off point. I'm about 5 miles from junction 15a of the M1 so if anyone is travelling it's only a 15 minute detour to get your beers to the competition

lancsSteve

Post by lancsSteve » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Aleman wrote:Stealing Ali's thunder here, but as already mentioned by Lancs Steve the [url=http://www.nationalhomebrewcompetition.org.uk/]
Aren't leaks supposed to build excitment not steal thunder? :? :wink:

Happy to be a north-western drop point again - hope someone will actually use it... (and try and maybe do something via NCBA as well)

Manx Guy

Post by Manx Guy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:21 pm

lancsSteve wrote:
Aleman wrote:Stealing Ali's thunder here, but as already mentioned by Lancs Steve the [url=http://www.nationalhomebrewcompetition.org.uk/]
Aren't leaks supposed to build excitment not steal thunder? :? :wink:

Happy to be a north-western drop point again - hope someone will actually use it... (and try and maybe do something via NCBA as well)
Hi!

I might use it!
:)
I'm very tempted to take part in this...

I'll decide what styles I might enter & then see...
Any advice for a 1st time competitor - other than brw a decent beer?
:lol:

Guy
8)

coatesg

Post by coatesg » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:37 pm

alikocho wrote:It would be great this year if we could get more regional drop-off points so that it doesn't all have to go in the mail. Any volunteers?
You can put me down again as a drop-off. (though I'm already still there from last year :lol:)

coatesg

Post by coatesg » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:47 pm

Manx Guy wrote:Any advice for a 1st time competitor - other than brw a decent beer?
Read the style guidelines well, taste the beer and make sure you enter it into the most appropriate category for how the beer tastes. In the same breath, don't get too hung up on the numbers - they are only guidelines and not strict rules.

And brew good beer of course!

Manx Guy

Post by Manx Guy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:59 pm

coatesg wrote:
Manx Guy wrote:Any advice for a 1st time competitor - other than brw a decent beer?
Read the style guidelines well, taste the beer and make sure you enter it into the most appropriate category for how the beer tastes. In the same breath, don't get too hung up on the numbers - they are only guidelines and not strict rules.

And brew good beer of course!
That sounds like good advice!

Cheers!

After having another read of the style guidelines I think I may enter the Kolcsh, Belgian Pale and Vienna style lagers...

:D

rimski

Post by rimski » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:13 pm

Also if your not sure which class enter the same beer into different classes, you never know it may fit into both and do well

alikocho

Post by alikocho » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:27 am

coatesg wrote:
alikocho wrote:It would be great this year if we could get more regional drop-off points so that it doesn't all have to go in the mail. Any volunteers?
You can put me down again as a drop-off. (though I'm already still there from last year :lol:)
Oops. I'll leave that there, and add others as appropriate.

alikocho

Post by alikocho » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:29 am

A few people have asked me, and although it should be apparent from the website, this competition is the CBA National event.

It is likely that CBA members will get subsidized entry to the competition.

WishboneBrewery
CBA Prizewinner 2010

Post by WishboneBrewery » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Hoping to get down for this...

phatboytall
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by phatboytall » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:14 am

Me too, should be a great day. Although technically I guess I will be getting "Up" for this.....and west a bit.

A few beers and a curry after the event is a definate I reckon.
I am not a Beer expert.....thats exactly the point.

Check out my blog where i review bottled beers
http://www.thebeerbunker.co.uk/ or find me on twitter @thebeerbunker

Aleman
It's definitely Lock In Time

Post by Aleman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:28 am

We are hoping to have an after event 'party' at the venue . . . \:D/ \:D/ which should have accommodation [-o<

WishboneBrewery
CBA Prizewinner 2010

Post by WishboneBrewery » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:58 pm

and where is it going to be or is this something that's still being figured out?